AXMINSTER 2006 SHOW SHOCKER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf, Gill, Andy, Ike,

If my mention of diyer offended you or any one else for that matter then i can only apologize. In my defence, my description was "So called diy'ers"
which to me meant in my reply to TC "You are calling them diy'ers no one else"

When i read his post i just saw red, because it came across to me that as a member he does not mind chatting to other members and gaining any advice they may give him, but other then that he does not want to know us. He thinks that he is head and shoulders above everyone else.

TC wrote:

How many of you that have the words "furniture makers" in your avatar actually are in the trade and HOW MANY ARE JUST DREAMERS?

If its not your trade, ie, your main source of income, why not say what your real job is?

To me this was just prue arrogance, and i had to reply.

As Ike said there are many non paid pros on this website who's projects put paid pros work to shame.

Regards

Woody

Hi Woody,

I, for one, have certainly not been offended by anything you have said. In fact everybody seems to have reacted generally in the same vein to the original offending post, by taking the opportunity to extol the credibility of UKW members and demonstrate our 'togetherness' whatever we do.

So, all things considered, an overall good, positive really, I reckon. :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Woody wrote:

If my mention of diyer offended you

Um, I wasn't even aware you'd said anything that might have offended me. :)

Ike

Alf wrote (extracted):

Aww, guys. I was so proud of you all being able to explain the ethos of this forum without resorting to name-calling,

I haven't read of TC being called anything but TC, but I think you may be responding to my post in particular? Well sorry but no apology I'm afraid, cos I still felt better for saying it. :wink: :)

cheers,

Ike

Trev, Ike, i suppose that i am being a bit paranoid. It's just that you all seemed so upset, and rightly so, at being called diy'ers by TC because he gets paid for his woodworking that i thought some of it was directed at me.

Regards

Woody

ike":3nculum9 said:
I haven't read of TC being called anything but TC.....

Perhaps this is what Alf was referring to?

TC wrote; I've been in the trade for 40 years, ......

Woodythepecker":3nculum9 said:
Don't be an silly person all your life.

Alf":3nculum9 said:
Aww, guys. I was so proud of you all being able to explain the ethos of this forum without resorting to name-calling,

Cheers
Neil

Thank you, Neil. I also felt "stick that in your pipe and smoke it" was a little bit off... But overall, very restrained, folks. I applaud you all. =D>

Cheers, Alf

It's nice to know we're all still friends. There was only one post that really irritated me and I realise that Woody's comments were aimed at rebutting it.

I think there's only one soldier who's out of step on this parade; it's not the rest of the regiment.

Gill

Well, it's nice to come home, find the dust has settled so let's relax in front of the fire with our favourite tipple eh?

cheers everyone, 8)

Ike

trev you smoothy you letting the loyl get down on her knees to paint the skirting O:) O:) 8)

tim trevs a big lad and the ceiling is about 7ft high, going by the height of the door :wink:

frank

As it happens, Frank, she did a good job, too. :D

Oh, and I don't mind Tim taking the p...
I'm just biding my time............... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev

Woody - As many have said, no offence taken, I'm glad to see someone respond quickly with what turns out to be the 'general opinion' of this board. Like Gill said, only one person out of step :cry:
Yes, I've also found out that the Cologne show is mainly aimed at retailers / importers. Will be interesting to see what the UKW favorite is for next year, perhaps someone could start a poll. I'm not techinical enough to do that :wink:

BTW at what number of posts do I move from 'woodworker' to 'master cabinet maker' ?? (I've been threatning to let SWIMBO look in on this forum but might wait 'till the majic 'promotion' occurs :wink: )

trevtheturner":1f7ci3ep said:
Oh, and I don't mind Tim taking the p...
I'm just biding my time............... :wink: :lol: :lol:

as if you don't have enough ammo already...

frank":1f7ci3ep said:
tim trevs a big lad and the ceiling is about 7ft high, going by the height of the door

I know!!! see above

Back