Axminister AC1950B vs Record Sabre 250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinNoon

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a very small workshop and I am looking to buy a 10" bandsaw. I have got it down to 2 models the Axminister AC1950B and the Record Sabre 250.
If anyone has experience of these or can recommend which one I should buy i would welcome the advice. From looking at the specs they are very similar. What I am not sure about are the ceramic guides on the Axminister. The maximum height of cut I am looking at will be 75mm
Kevin

I have the Axi, nothing to compare it with really as its my first machine. Seems good enough, bought Tuffsaw blades. See recent post on bottom wheel alignement. Ceramic guides spark a bit with a new blade, likely the back edge of the blades are a bit rough at first, but not a problem and doesn't persist. I have a Record Power lathe, not a fancy one, and am happy with that so both brands are fine by me.

With the Axi you don't have to take the fence rail off to change a blade because the table slot comes out sideways but its not a deal maker/breaker. Got mine during lockdown 2 and the main decsion maker was what was in stock anywhere - Record was on back order.

The axminster videos on you tube are good whichever you buy.

I have the Axi, nothing to compare it with really as its my first machine. Seems good enough, bought Tuffsaw blades. See recent post on bottom wheel alignement. Ceramic guides spark a bit with a new blade, likely the back edge of the blades are a bit rough at first, but not a problem and doesn't persist. I have a Record Power lathe, not a fancy one, and am happy with that so both brands are fine by me.

With the Axi you don't have to take the fence rail off to change a blade because the table slot comes out sideways but its not a deal maker/breaker. Got mine during lockdown 2 and the main decsion maker was what was in stock anywhere - Record was on back order.

The axminster videos on you tube are good whichever you buy.
Many thanks.
From the research I have done Tuffsaw blades are a must whichever saw I go for.

Latest posts

Back