AVO meter repairs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have missed a task out, before the sleeves are put over the joints the job goes through inspection for sign off, people with bright lights and large magnifying lens.

I'm glad someone else calls them tyraps! Everyone looks at me peculiarly when I say that so I have to change to cable ties.
I recall soaking PVC? sleeving in tric (trichoroethalene?) until it increased in size, putting it on the cable and letting it shrink back to normal. Happy days.
Oh and BTW we called the three pronged sleeving pliers honeymoon pliers. I wonder why? I still have a pair.
Martin
I did my apprenticeship working for Rolls Royce Small Engine Division - De Havilland back in the day - early ‘70’s, and we knew them as Hellerman pliers. I remember the wiremen making up helicopter wiring looms on 8 x 4 sheets of ply with just a few pencil marks and a few nails to act as guides. These were experimental units, not even pre-production. Good days.

Yes I too remember, when I served my apprenticeship in Halstead, plywood sheets being used as backing boards. They were studded with guide nails for the 'girls' in the wiring dept to make the looms around. Then they'd lace them up. I can't remember though how the lacing knot went, just that if the lace broke later the whole loom would not unravel. Happy days.
Martin

Back