UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Smart

Chestnut Products
Reaction score
I'd like to put a picture with my username (I was thinking of our logo, as I am keen to make sure I 'declare my interest') and I note that others have worked out how to do this... but I can't!

Would someone mind giving me a little walkthrough on it please?

Hi Terry
Just click on your "profile" and at the bottom of the page you can add a link to the image you want to use. Crop and resize this image to the correct dimensions beforehand.
If you need any more help please let us know.
Cheers
Gidon

Somehow I don't think this is going to work, but I'll give it a go...

My problem is getting the link address of the image I want to use... I can only get the address for the page.
(Am I being thick?)

I was thinking of our logo, as I am keen to make sure I 'declare my interest'

rofl! Nicely put!

Seriously, I for one have read your posts here with interest. They have real content, give advice and go far beyond advertising, unlike some. Not that I have any say on how this forum is run as a mere occasional participant, but I think that other professional contributors could learn much from the approach of the likes of you, MenatNMA and Rob Lee.

Jake

Hi Jake

Thanks for your kind comments, and also to others who have said similar things. Does the ego the world of good!

Still can't get the avatar thing to work though! I think the problem is to do with size (where have I heard that before?) in that the URL address I am putting in is too big. It obviously refers to the whole page and not just the image I want to use.

Any suggestions anyone?

Terry

If you have an image you want to use (and it conforms to size) right mouse click on it on the page it resides click on properties and you'll see the url (address) of the image. Just click and drag to highlight/select and click (hold) ctrl key and C (copy) you can then paste into the field in your profile

Point
If the address is too long to fit in the window, you should see enough of the url to help you find it in the page source > with IE5/6 click view > source this will open the html of the page in a text editor click and hold the ctrl key and F (ctrl-F) a find window opens enter the image name and click find.

Phew, it's easier than it reads :D :D

Terry

Email the image to me and I will put it on my website and send you the link

Cheers

Tony

Gentlemen

My thanks to you all; I have finally managed to sort it out (by following the advice given, I didn't work it out myself!)

I appreciate all the offers of help.

Back