Avast stops e mail download - Latest Update for infomation.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for free av software i am using vista windows mail.
I am commando no av at the moment.

Microsoft security essentials is good, been running it for sometime now on both my machines, one is vista the other is 7, no problem at all.

Steve

Thanks Steve its in and working i kept windows defender as its also microsoft hopefully all will be well in the future.
Chris

Looks like my problems are not with the AV but my new belkin router, killing receiving e mails to the network. I have had to turn of the fire wall in it and now rely on microsoft fire wall and security essentials until it can be replaced.The fault has been intermittent so difficult to find.

OLD":3l9ifxne said:
Looks like my problems are not with the AV but my new belkin router, killing receiving e mails to the network. I have had to turn of the fire wall in it and now rely on microsoft fire wall and security essentials until it can be replaced.The fault has been intermittent so difficult to find.

Email uses the following ports 25 for outbound and 110 for inbound (SMTP and POP) that is.

Go to you routers config page and add some exceptions or port triggering.

HIH

Dibs

Thanks Dibs-h. the router has been replaced with tp-link and we are all up and running.Quite a odd fault on the belkin intermittent so hard to track down , it finally blocked with its fire wall off and had to be powered down, glad to see the back of it.

Back