Automatic start on dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorebens

Reaction score
Hello, i want to fit auto start on my dust extractor, ive got Hammer machines and the Felder AF 22 extractor, everything is 3x400v has anyone used the felder auto start stuff and can give me a brief explanation of how it works and what is needed. Strangely i cant find any installation info on the internet about installing the felder kit! i assume it must be pretty simple!

I don't have felder auto start but I have a electronics mate rig me up something simular for my felder and hammer machines.....I disconnected it!

For me in a one man shop making mainly one off projects I wanted to do many single cuts and often didn't want the extraction, this wasn't possible, extraction cane on every time I started a machine and shut off 20 odd seconds after shutting a machine down.
My extraction is now operated from a series of pull switches above all my machines, so I can decide if I want extraction or not.....also in putting pull switches in I now have to reach up above my head to turn them on which has ment all the stretching has done me a hole lot of good and actually stopped me getting back problems....it's like going yoga whilst you work.

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

I believe these devices work by monitoring the electromagnetic waves coming off the power cable to your machine, and this can detect whether current is flowing or not, and then turn on the extractor through a relay or similar.

In my view these auto systems are not worth investing in. They're expensive bits of kit and there are more satisfactory, and much cheaper, remote manual methods, eg, Jonathon's pull switches or, in my case, a remote hand controller which turns the fan on and off. Quite frequently I want to use a m/c for a short time with no extraction required or I may want to transfer from one m/c to another and would rather keep the fan running. Even if you have one of these auto systems you still have to manually control the flow of air with the blast gates.
Brian

Back