Automatic safety return for Elu Radial Arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Gent, all,

I have just repaired the auto safety return housing and bracket for my ELU 1251 RAS. I removed the housing off the about a year ago, unfortunately having made the cardinal sin of not making a sketch or taking a photo before removing for the repairr I can't remember how the cable attaches to the Yoke. I remember think it's a simple put back, so simple I can't recall how it connects.

Does anyone have an image or photograph they could forward please so I can get this machine back to work.

Much appreciated. Thanks

David

The manual is vague about the attachment of this device (I don't have on on my saw)

If you PM me an email address I can send you the manual that I have for the 1251

Bob

Hi Bob,

I finally got it, I spent the afternoon grinding and drilling a new bracket for the housing for the return spring. It was a fiddle getting it all back together again as the spring drum inside the housing is difficult to wind when under tension without the help of a third hand.
With all the hard work done I went to connect the return cable to the Yoke, I just couldn't tremember how I had undone it. I spent about half an hour and couldn't figure it out. I wss called in for dinner, after which I posted my query, went back intio the WS and figured it out straight away. Strange but I just seemed to know where it all went, maybe it's just mind slippage ???

You are right, the manual just just shows a picture of the gizmo on it's own with the cable hanging loose. The manual only describes it function, not how to mount it.

Anyway, here it is back together, note the broken cast bracket sitting next to the new made up braket attaching the housing by the two allen bolts to the arm frame.

Thanks again for the offer of assistance Bob. Perhaps one day I'll be able to offer you some help for all the previous assistance you have shown me.

Regards

David

Autosafetyreturnshowingbrokembracket.jpg

Back