• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auto master/slave switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter27

Established Member
Reaction score
After advice on a welding forum a few months ago I bought an adaptor that turns on my workshop vac automatically when my chop saw (wood) circ saw or table saw is switched on depending what is plugged into it and it has worked brilliantly. My brother saw it last week and said he fancied getting one. Today he rang to say there is someone selling the same ones on Ebay, BUY 1, GET 1 FREE (add 2 to basket) for £9.92. He has ordered 2 and I couldn't resist ordering 2 as well at that price

Just to make it clear I have absolutely no connection with this seller and it is probably a different seller than where I go my first one from.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142692654433
Hope this helps someone out.

Pete

I have something similar but found it a bit unreliable, vacuum tuned off mid cut, sometimes it doesn't kick in etc.

I have something similar but found it a bit unreliable, vacuum tuned off mid cut, sometimes it doesn't kick in etc.
Never had any trouble with mine over the few months that I have been using it.

Please bear in mind that this is part of a quality range of electrical products supplied in the UK by SMJ (UK) - hence all products comply with all european standards and therefore safe to use. The one poor review is down to a gentleman not understanding that this item is for IT equipment or Plasma TV's and not table saws! Also wouldnt work with modern led tv's as they use a very low current and are very economical already.

Please bear in mind that this is part of a quality range of electrical products supplied in the UK by SMJ (UK) - hence all products comply with all european standards and therefore safe to use. The one poor review is down to a gentleman not understanding that this item is for IT equipment or Plasma TV's and not table saws! Also wouldnt work with modern led tv's as they use a very low current and are very economical already.
Works on my Makita 250mm radial compound mitre saw, my 250mm bench disk sander and my 300mm table saw, switching on my Henry vac without a problem.

Just my luck, only one left!
This does say auto power OFF, I may be being dense here but wouldn't you need a power ON switch, so when you turn on your saw the hoover starts too? This seems to read as a turn off one thing and the other one does too.

You plug your saw in the grey socket and your vac in one of the white sockets turn on the vac switch and then when you turn on the saw the vac comes on automatically.

Awesome! Perfect timing. I am going to be switching soon from my Lidl vac to a Henry as the lidl vac is getting on a bit now and rather noisy. I was going to miss the power take off socket and was thinking about taking the electronics from the lidl vac and re-purposing them into a homemade extension socket. Well two of these for a tenner, why bother with the hassle?

I see it is rated to 3120 Watts that is 14A at 220VAC. Yep I'm up for a couple.
Thanks. Martin

It appears to have an internal unserviceable 13A fuse.
One is working fine with my 1600w chop saw and 1100w vac.
The other was working with my 2400w planer and 1100w vac until I ran some wood through, it blew the internal fuse.
I kinda killed the thing permanently getting into it too.

so, 13a / 3100w seems like a hard rule with these.

Well mine arrived. Weird that it is marked 6A on the "switch" but 13A on the sockets. Anyway I connected it to a 1200W Henry and the biggest powertool I had on hand was my track saw also at 1200W, worked fine and had about a 3 or 4 second over run which is nice. Just need to build it into my workshop cyclone setup now but that's a job for another day.

Something worth noting, the wire on the sockets is 0.75mm so there is definitely a limit there on the tools you can use safely.

That looks a really good buy. Two for £9.82 so you have a spare if it goes faulty.

I have just purchased one of these, KemoM103N
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B004AVIHKK/ref=pe_27091401_487027711_TE_SCE_dp_1
waiting for delivery, cost £17.98 from amazon.de (germany) including delivery and all taxes? I will see if there is extra to pay when it arrives, there should not be. Cheapest elsewhere I could find was Amazon uk at £10 more. And of course I still have to make/buy a box plus sockets, plug, cable, glands etc.

I will report back on how delivery goes, there is a post somewhere about importing from EU.

I am tempted by a couple of these, possibly not as durable as the kemo, particularly with the internal fuse that dawoodster reported, but still, for this price and with a spare it has to be good.

That looks a really good buy. Two for £9.82 so you have a spare if it goes faulty.

I have just purchased one of these, KemoM103N
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B004AVIHKK/ref=pe_27091401_487027711_TE_SCE_dp_1
waiting for delivery, cost £17.98 from amazon.de (germany) including delivery and all taxes? I will see if there is extra to pay when it arrives, there should not be. Cheapest elsewhere I could find was Amazon uk at £10 more. And of course I still have to make/buy a box plus sockets, plug, cable, glands etc.

I will report back on how delivery goes, there is a post somewhere about importing from EU.

I am tempted by a couple of these, possibly not as durable as the kemo, particularly with the internal fuse that dawoodster reported, but still, for this price and with a spare it has to be good.

I bought one of these earlier in the year and made a box to fit it all into. I have the slave wired to a gang-switched so I can select between either the main 4" extractor or shop vac or both (router table). Now all the 4" extractors I'm looking at are fitted with NVR switches!

I bought one of these earlier in the year and made a box to fit it all into. I have the slave wired to a gang-switched so I can select between either the main 4" extractor or shop vac or both (router table). Now all the 4" extractors I'm looking at are fitted with NVR switches!

Just remove the NVR, I did this on mine so I could run it from a remote.

Just remove the NVR, I did this on mine so I could run it from a remote.

Did you replace it with a "standard" on/off switch? I watched an Aussie do this on youtube. I think he referred to it as a twin-pole, 4 pin rocker switch but the UK results from a google search threw up all manner of things that bore little resemblance to what he used.

Back