August Comp - Missed the deadline

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well we have all been there - best laid plans and all that. I knew I was going to be busy at the end of August, so got myself organised and had my (first ever) Goblet ready within a few days of the start of the month.

Then Bank Holiday to day have passed in a blur of activity, parties to organise (2 including a 21st) and holiday planning to sort out at work, it seems that all of a sudden, I went from "must up load my photos tomorrow - to oh bother I have missed the deadline"

Anyway here is my effort for what's it worth.

All the outside was turned with a skew - very pleased with that, and a 3 point tool for the detail; the inside a bowl gouge and scrapper - the inside shape follows the outside really nicely. Sanded to 400 grit, finished with sanding sealer and wax, then buffed on the 3 wheel system. The bowl has only had sanding sealer applied.

Also taken some advice from a previous entry and got my self a small 'light' box to put my items in to take the photos - guess what i didn't have time to set up!

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to enter the September comp' unless i get it done before Friday 4th!

Well done all those who entered.

Attachments

• August 4.jpg
    August 4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 862
  • August 3.jpg
    August 3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 862
  • August 2.jpg
    August 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 862
  • August 1.jpg
    August 1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 862
I did make a goblet, but again I've just had too much going on to do anything with it. Visits from family and my car to MOT are just the tip of the iceberg.
Nice looking piece of oak that though. (looks like oak to me anyway) Well done.

Hard luck, Sammo. It was only a small field of entries again this month, so you might have scored a few points. As it is, I'm afraid that you get the usual Eurovision song contest score of ... " nul points". LOL!

Bad luck sammo, nice goblet. As mike said, you would've stood a chance had you got it in in time

Great goblet Sammo a shame you did not make it this time as I am sure you would have stood a good chance.

I have been very close to missing the deadline on at least one occasion thinking that I had another day but luckily I happen to reread the entry dates whew.

Back