Auction on Saturday Who's going

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I intend to be there. Much depends on how the rebuilding of my kitchen is progressing, but it's my birthday on the day after so I'm loathe to pass up the opportunity to blag a few extra pressies 8) !

I'm intrigued by Item 351 (Hand sheep shearing machine) - it'd be nice to see it being demonstrated. And before anyone makes the suggestion... no - it wouldn't be a suitable birthday pressie :roll:.

Gill

Gill":1y0e6ylr said:
I'm intrigued by Item 351 (Hand sheep shearing machine) - it'd be nice to see it being demonstrated. And before anyone makes the suggestion... no - it wouldn't be a suitable birthday pressie .

There's just no pleasing some people.

Happy birthday for the day after Saturday.

Yep! But I seem to have a full timber store so I'll have to play the ' just conditioning it in the dining room' card.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

If you pay for it I will take it away for you. Just to help with your storage problems :lol: :lol: . A 90% storage charge sounds good to me :lol: :lol: .
You bringing a meter with you?

Gill,

Looks like the Birthday money will be taking a hit, Just remember not to compete with Trev on the quantities of wood :lol: .

Cheers Neil.

Neil

Seems fair enough.

Will be bringing my meter. £100 a go seem fair? :lol:

Cheers

T

radicalwood":3mba5r8c said:
Tim,

If you pay for it I will take it away for you. Just to help with your storage problems :lol: :lol: .

So, you bringing a trailer then, Neil. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

radicalwood":3mba5r8c said:
Just remember not to compete with Trev on the quantities of wood

I will not be tempted, I will not be tempted, I will not .......... oh, what the H**l. :roll: :roll: :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

will be there about 9.00 for the bacon butties.

Tim need to test the stuff I got last year, you take cards :D :D or dose that mean your buying £1000 of wood at 90% storage, thanks :twisted: .

see you there.

Not this time. Haven't even played with the goodie I bought last time. :cry: Doing up a flat single-handed takes a long time....too long as I keep getting distracted by catalogues and forums!

damn, wish id known about it earlier. Still, i'll only spend too much money!

wow what a find! i will definately be there, saves the 100 mile trip to yandles! will probably see you there for 9 then radicalwood.

Now that does surprise me that there is no one in the Forest selling hardwood,

When I worked in the pit all our hardwoods came from the Forest Of Dean, they where 6"x6"x18"of beech,ash,oak all soaking wet with sap and weighed a ton.

One day, Pughs will hold a sale on my day off so that I can try one of those bacon butties.

Enjoy yourselves. :wink:

cheers

davejester":btho1vgo said:
How many people normally turn up? Is the auction inside or outside i.e. do I need to wrap up well. How long does the whole thing normally take?

Usually pretty crowded; most of the stuff is inside, but there is some timber in racks outside. It's all pretty open, so wrap up well given the current forecast.
They sell pretty fast, so don't wander off thinking you can come back in time for a later lot - it'll be gone (he said, from unfortunate experience!)

Not going this time - I still have the oak from last year waiting to be made into a 10 foot wide drive gate.

Unfortunately, it's looking as if I won't be able to make it. What a time to go down with the Dreaded Lurgy (which is why I was up at an unconscionable time this morning).

:(

Gill

Hi All
Only just seen this post.
Will try to get there asap tomorrow, a long way from me but will give it a shot for the butties around 9.
Can anyone tell me what payment methodthey take Visa, Co cheque or what?
Fancy some old tools.....
Regards
Martin

Back