AUCTION COLLECTABLE AND NEW WOODWORKING TOOLS/ SEASONED SAWN

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are on the right track, Chas. The plan is to produce one largish, low central occasional table together with four matching side tables - but it won't happen this week, or next. :oops: The design is secret, but all will be revealed in due course. I have always impressed on the LOML the importance of preparation and planning, so as long as she believes I am actively planning she is happy! :lol:

Cheers,

Trev.

trevtheturner":xv4llpe4 said:
Which late purchase was that Gill - there was more than one of them! :?

The one I had in mind was when the vendor of an unsold lot of spalted sycamore came up to you after the auction and begged you to take it off his hands for a fiver 8) . That had to be one of the deals of the day :) .

Plus, it meant we got details of another timber yard in the area. Are you ready CHJ? Another to add to your list...

Hadley & Sons, Malvern, Tel: 01886 880524.

I'm afraid I didn't get any further details because that's all that was written on the side of Mr Hadley's wagon. Mr Hadley invited us all to call him and visit his yard. I got the distinct impression he thought he'd be seeing Trev again in the very near future. Perhaps that was because he saw Trev's vehicle loaded up with so much timber that he thought he'd found a potential customer with an insatiable appetite for the stuff ;) :) .

Gill

Gill":tflvu9rf said:
Alf":tflvu9rf said:
Roger Sinden":tflvu9rf said:
Treated myself to a rather nice No7 Stanley in very good nick for £50.
Oh really? :-k :wink:

The plane did look as if it had been lovingly fettled and cared for. I may not have the same expertise as you, Alf, but I have tweaked a couple of planes in the past and this one looked rather nicely set up. If I didn't already have a Record #7 of my own, I'd have bid for it myself.
Well as it happens Roger asked me if anything on the auction list struck me as worth buying, and the #7 was the only thing that really caught my eye, subject to condition. So I'm mildly chuffed I was able to pick a good 'un based on a one line catalogue entry at some hundreds of miles distance. :lol: Distance no barrier to the time-served rust hunter. :wink:

Trev, people coming to you to offer spalted sycamore for a fiver? You suck like a brand new Festool dust-ex. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Not really, Alf. I think it was just a case of me being the only one who hadn't bought enough and had some room left in his car. :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev

Glad you managed to control yourself after I left :roll: :roll: .

Did manage to store that cherry after all! :oops: but I imagine it would have only got in your way anyhoo. :^o

Got back to find someone had left a message re making them some oak wardrobes. I KNEW I should have gone for that lot of 20 planks!!!

Fancy a trip to Malvern soon?:whistle: :whistle:

Cheers

T

Gill":d9uvth1h said:
...snip...Plus, it meant we got details of another timber yard in the area. Are you ready CHJ? Another to add to your list...

Hadley & Sons, Malvern, Tel: 01886 880524.

I'm afraid I didn't get any further details because that's all that was written on the side of Mr Hadley's wagon. Mr Hadley invited us all to call him and visit his yard. I got the distinct impression he thought he'd be seeing Trev again in the very near future. Perhaps that was because he saw Trev's vehicle loaded up with so much timber that he thought he'd found a potential customer with an insatiable appetite for the stuff ;) :) .

Gill

Thanks Gill will pay him a visit asap to establish contact, unfortunately it will not be within the next two weeks as we are up to our necks in visitors at the moment followed immediately by a stint in Scotland.

Back