Attractive Legs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to get some of these? B&Q seem to be confusing temporary and permanent at the moment.

Andrew

Try Isaac Lord, Woodfit or Hafele. May not be indentical but there are similar ones.

Cheers

Tim

Tim":2pc38djy said:
Try Isaac Lord, Woodfit or Hafele. May not be indentical but there are similar ones.

Isasc Lord and Woodfit were my first ports of call since I have both their catalogues. No joy from either though. Hafele has something similar but no prices and they only sell to the trade although I am sure that that is not insurmountable.

JasonB":2pc38djy said:
Ironmongery direct do one that looks the same.

Ahhh. That looks like it. Bit of a difference in price though unless I buy 100 of them and I only need a dozen. Might be worth thinking about getting 24 though. I notice they also have some square legs that might do for a future sideboard project. Have ordered a catalogue and hope that it has pictures where they are missing on the website.

devonwoody":2pc38djy said:
Your subject title led me astray, I thought I was going to see something more exciting.

Made you look though - didn't it? :lol:

Thanks all.

Andrew

Andrew, a lot of decent ironmongery suppliers can get hold of single items from Hafele, in fact I think you can get any of their stuff through Isaac Lord.

The catalogue does have all the missing pictures.

Jason

cambournepete":2ch9xv8y said:
So it might be worth trying at Mackays* then...

Doh!! I bought something there a whle ago and they thumbed through the Hafele catalogue to find it. Determined then that they could get just about anything but then forgot whilst browsing the Hafele website. I shall have a word next time I am in there (which since it is primarily a tools shop probably won't be very long :lol:

Andrew

Re Hafele:
1. Their tech support is EXCELLENT. I recently had cause to ring up about Blum hinges (theiy sell a thousand different ones, which do I need?) and I got Gareth. VERY helpful, knowledgable, friendly, thoroughly professional, just the sort of guy you want to do business with. So I emailed his boss to say so.

2. The links to individual part nos won't work because they rely on you being logged in to their system.

3. It's not difficult to get an account. I'm hardly "trade" but I got an account easily. Just ring them up and tell them you make furniture and you would like an account. See what they say. If not, any decent kitchen fitter will be able to add a few bits on to his order for you. BTW, £25 minimum order.

Their ordering is a bit odd though. I'm making another wardrobe (don't I ever learn?) and I need to order 2 rails. But I have to put 6 on the form, because they come in 3m lengths! Bonkers!
Cheers
Steve

Steve, the reason for having to enter 6 is because they will cut it into 1m lengths to make it easier to get through your letter box :lol: :lol:

Jason

Back