Attention Sharpening Nerds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ta Philly

I am no sharpening nut by any standards but I am an engineer and academic and it is nice to see reasonable tests carreid out many times and analysed to some degree in an effort to provide meaningful results (rare)

Interesting :wink:

jaymar":1netogi2 said:
Does being an academic mean you don't need to use the spell checker?

Waht' s a spollcegger????

Being an academic means I am very busy and must type faster than I am capable of - hence sometimes (most times) there are mistakes :) I suspect that you will find that the meaning always comes through though :wink:

By the way, there is only one error in the above post (i and e swapped around) - a record!!!!

Cheers

Tony

PS the forum spellchecker stinks anyway!!!!

Interesting that the microscope that this guy is using to photograph the blades looks to be the same one that Pete W recommended to Alan for photomicroscopy recently in this thread over here.

Andrew

andrewm":228gxavn said:
Interesting that the microscope that this guy is using to photograph the blades looks to be the same one that Pete W recommended

Actually, he's using the older model, the QX3; the newer QX5 is meant to be much better.

And am I alone in thinking that the more I learn about sharpening, the less I know :??.

Seems to be a rash of academics on here.

Lets hope it doesn't turn into an epidemic :wink:

andrewm":3o876y42 said:
Interesting that the microscope that this guy is using to photograph the blades looks to be the same one that Pete W recommended to Alan for photomicroscopy recently in this thread over here.

Andrew

Yes, I noticed that as well. I think for the money it might be worth a try, the kids can always play with it if all else fails! Thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies to my original question. :)

Alan

Back