Attempt at goblet from Woodturning magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapemonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Got Woodturning magazine through he post a few days ago and liked the look of the goblet in there, so thought I would have a go. Haven't done the twist on the stem as I don't have the tools to do it. Bowl and foot are cherry and the stem is bubinga. Comments welcome. Andy.

Goblet-001.jpg

Goblet-002.jpg

Goblet-003.jpg

Attachments

• Goblet-001.jpg
    Goblet-001.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 801
  • Goblet-002.jpg
    Goblet-002.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 801
  • Goblet-003.jpg
    Goblet-003.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 824
Looks beautiful. I love the colour contrast of both woods. You've managed to get it very thin in both the boblet and stem which must be tricky.

Excellent piece of work. I have the same goblet on my list of things to make - probably in the New Year now. If I get anywhere near as good as yours I will be well chuffed. =D> =D>

Mike

woodturnerEric":1npsnxn4 said:
great job,but on the barley twist,if you have a saw,rat tail file and sandpaper,you can do it with them
... and a lot of patience. :mrgreen:

as far as your goblet goes... very nice, lovely finish. one for the display shelf. =D>

Got a small set of rasps today and had a go at the barley twist. Very time consuming, but the results is ok. I'll do the barley twist on the next goblet. If all goes to plan, I'll post it on here.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Latest posts

Back