Attaching face frames

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem!

I have yet to find a really good invisible way of attaching face frames. I use pocket screws to attach hidden stiles and rails. But in fitted furniture the hidden side is often the side scribed to the wall therefore to attach the frame in a hidden way means moving the cabinet again, attaching the frame and then moving it back again. Fine but laborious and difficult for the 'other' end when all the other units are fixed. Also for upper cabinets, the top can be too close to the ceiling to get a hand/ drill in

With centre stiles using brads is fine but again it still shows. There isn't always the time to fix these using glue and biscuits alone.

Its obviously a much bigger problem when there is a clear finish.

I've read lots of articles etc but none of them have ever answered this conundrum

So, am I being right thick or missing something obvious?

Looking forward to seeing the light

Cheers

Tim

not really sure what you mean without a drawing but are these any good for you.

Product code = 262.50.313 - hafele.co.uk site

Or if not then how about a male/female push plug system. We use it to fix our pinboards to workwalls.

Product code = 267.85.030 & 267.20.700 - hafele.co.uk site

LyNx

I usually use biscuts, if you don't have the time for the glue to set use a few drops of mitre bond to hold the frame to the carcase while the glue sets.

Jason

JasonB":2zv4znaw said:
few drops of mitre bond to hold the frame to the carcase while the glue sets.

:idea: Ahaaa :idea:

That could well be the ticket - thank you.

Cheers

Tim

HI,

Depending on how thick your face frame is, I often use 23gauge pins. Very thin and difficult to notice, they come as long as 30mm and perfect for holding while glue sets.

cheers,
jonny.

Used the superglue option today on site. Worked a treat. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jonnyboy - I can only get 24 gauge in my pinner and only have up to 20mm otherwise this would have also been used.
Cheers

T

Back