Attach wall relief flat to wall?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how I can attach this flat to a wall?
_MG_7576.jpg

For the photo I used panel pins but that's not very secure. I want the attachment to be invisible and allow for some adjustment to achieve horizontal.
Thanks for any thoughts,
Chris

Attachments

• _MG_7576.jpg
    _MG_7576.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 160
Rare earth magnets in the piece, and screws with eccentricly ground heads in the wall?

nev":7u9esb5y said:
Keyhole hangers

Keyhole bit for router or drill

anything on this page

Long screw from other side of wall :)
Slightly off topic but I got carried away when I discovered toolstations escutcheons made good key hole hangers.
e1d2cf2025c740b0e1e9f3500e857382.jpg

I forstner bit them in flush, job done.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

I like the idea of a horizontal slot which allows the wood to be shifted left or right, allowing for perfect horizontal balance to be found. A single point to hang is difficult to establish as it's not evenly balanced, and if I put two in I'd need to get the hanging points spot on first time or it'll be off/ drive me mad.
Could I route a hole and insert one of the ones with horizontal adjustment from this page to achieve that? (I don't have a router but maybe it's time to take the plunge...)
nev":1v8qij5w said:

Chris152":3b2ntn4f said:
Thanks Nev.

Do you think one of those Katsu/ palm routers would do the job?

Never used one (or even seen one) but the keyhole bit is only a small bit so shouldn't present too much resistance as you would effectively plunge drill a hole and then route (move it) only 10-15mm?

You'd need to make sure that the palm router can be plunged, i believe there are additional bases available.

I imagine one could use the keyhole bit in a pillar drill too because of the small amount of wood to be removed?

Latest posts

Back