Ash & stainless Steel bench. Long with pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason,

That's superb and even from photos the finish looks fantastic! Well done!

Agree with Tim about the green though!

Thanks for all the comments.

The foam will be covered in black or very dark brown to go with the granite worktops and slate floor, the green was the only bit of dark material I had that was big. The back of the bench looks a lot nicer in-situe against a plain wall rather than the curtain in my pics.

The table won't be posted for a few weeks, the glass is going to be about 14days del and it will take me a while to cut the 12mm stainless rod into 72pieces, maybe time to splash out on a new hacksaw blade :wink:

If also got to do a bedroom/dressingroom/en-suite for the same client which will be around the £20k mark, thats not including the bed that we are discussing at the moment.

Jason

Very nice ! I like the idea of the steel rods . Gives me an idea for a radiator cover im about to make .

jasonB":2mci3zsk said:
The table won't be posted for a few weeks, the glass is going to be about 14days del and it will take me a while to cut the 12mm stainless rod into 72pieces, maybe time to splash out on a new hacksaw blade

I have one of these http://tinyurl.com/9u7tj that works pretty well. If you plan on doing more metal cutting it might be a worthwhile time saver.

jasonB":2d9t937c said:
Thanks for all the comments.

The table won't be posted for a few weeks, the glass is going to be about 14days del and it will take me a while to cut the 12mm stainless rod into 72pieces, maybe time to splash out on a new hacksaw blade :wink:

Jason

I used the angle grinder in one of those cheap stands that you can pull forward (these stands only cost about a tenner, and are quite handy, i had to cut about 50 pieces for my furniture and was done in an iffy

Chris.
I do quite a bit of metal work, model engineering to be exact, (Working on a traction engine at the moment) so have often thought about getting something like that, usually while sawing through a thick bit of metal :( quite like the smaller ones but they do cost more.

The place where I get the Stainless has a couple of massive band saws with hydralic arms, while I was collecting the bar for the bench they were slicing discs off an 8" dia bar :!:

Mc.
Didn't fancy covering the workshop in carborundum dust but next time I order from screwfix will get a couple of their thin discs to try, they are supposed to cut cooler and not didcolour the SS.

Jason

JasonB":2t84rs1n said:
If also got to do a bedroom/dressingroom/en-suite for the same client which will be around the £20k mark, thats not including the bed that we are discussing at the moment.

Thats good news too. :D Its great when clients ask you to do more stuff. Well done

Cheers

Tim

Fantastic design and love the materials. you will have to get the glass in early, or everyone will start complaining of no photos.

Neil

Beautiful work Jason....love the idea of mixing materials....looking forward to seeing the table

Ian

Hi Jason...great design and finish...tell me, did you use solid bar or tube?

Hi wotacut and welcome to the forum.

It is solid 12mm bending grade bar makes for a nice weighty piece :wink:

Jason

Back