Argos Power Tools.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhannah

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the new brand of power tools called "Professional" that Argos are pushing at the moment?

Anyone think they look remarkably similar to the "Performance Power" brand from B&Q?

Mark.

Yeah they do. I generally stay clear of Argos stuff unless it's a well known make, I'm learning to leave the 'budget' stuff alone, especially if the word 'professional' appears in the description. :)

the only power tool i bought from argos was a drill for £9.99 so that we could empty the pond by leaving it running for 3 hours with one of those pumps attached... killed it good and proper, but better that than the 'real' drill i've got :wink:

jim

The one time I tried to order a power tool from Argos they mysteriously ran out, just as their power tool sale had started. Odd that.

yeah i had the same problem!!! i was trying to buy that little air copressor but they said "oh, there isn't any left...i'll just check some other stores for you....*tap tap tap* oh...none of our other stores have them either"

i was like WWAAHH how the hell does that happen??? so then when the new magazine came out it was in there again so i went to buy it again.....but guess what...yup thats right...there wasn't any anywhere!!
so after argueing they told me it is a problem with the suppliers, but hang on a minute, surely if they couldn't get any before what makes them think they can get them now???
this really annoyed me!!, but them some unfortunate piece of wood had been beaten :p :p :p :D

Tom

I wouldn't touch argos power tools or indeed any other diy superstore tools with a barge pole unless as previously stated they are a well known branded name. You get what you pay for. It is far better to wait and save a little to pay more and reap the rewards and benefits.

Trevor":15bugfc7 said:
The one time I tried to order a power tool from Argos they mysteriously ran out, just as their power tool sale had started. Odd that.
I found the same with Argos. They had a power devil router for £25 with 5 router bits. They only had one router but said I would have to wait til the bits came in. At least it gave me the chance to have a good look at it. I only wanted something to fit my router table so I could keep the good router for hand work. I hardly liked any of it. The bits weren't in stock by the end of Argos return period so I took it back for a full refund.

I wonder if they give 'rain cheques' like Tesco? There, if an item is out of stock when on offer, they will give you a ticket to get the item at the reduced price once they are in stock. Getting off of tools here but I can guarantee their filter coffee is never there when on half price offer. I get enough 'rain checks' to last until it's on offer again. I have only had to pay half price for coffee for the last 3 years. lol

Back