Aren't we lucky

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a 260km traffic jam at rush hour in China.

Attachments

• rush hour.jpg
    rush hour.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 868
Rod, I survived the Delhi 'Ring Road' just over a year ago....Jees.....dual carriageway with twin lanes of trucks one way, motorbikes, cyclists and tuc-tucs the other.....do you remember the horns? And the wandering cows?

Sam

PS We then drove up to Manali.....OMG....as a mountaineer, I'm used to scary places and risks, but, ye Gods, the tunnel through the mountains was quite the most sustained state of shock I have experienced for a long time.

Me thinks I will not do a fly drive India or China if you get that sought of thing, its difficult enough getting in via their immigration/language, they get a bit excited I can tell you.

I have had this pic on my computer for ages (I know....) and i think it is somewhere in the states as there is a road sign at the top just to right of centre that looks to be in the style that is used over there.

Ps the pic is featured on Google images as a chinese jam

flying haggis":2dy0c9y1 said:
I have had this pic on my computer for ages (I know....) and i think it is somewhere in the states as there is a road sign at the top just to right of centre that looks to be in the style that is used over there.

Wiki gives this

Widest highway (maximum number of lanes): The Katy Freeway (part of Interstate 10) in Houston, Texas, has a total of 26 lanes in some sections as of 2007.[citation needed] However, they are divided up into general use/ frontage roads/ HOV lanes, restricting the traverse traffic flow.
Widest highway (maximum number of through lanes): Interstate 5 along a 2-mile section between Interstate 805 and California State Route 56 in San Diego, California, which was completed in April 2007, is 22 lanes wide.[26]

I don't think that is in China as all of the highways I have travelled on have been three or four lanes. I have been in rush hour traffic in Guanzhou though and it was a nightmare! :shock:

RogerS":3j3ot5k2 said:
flying haggis":3j3ot5k2 said:

Wiki gives this

Widest highway (maximum number of lanes): The Katy Freeway (part of Interstate 10) in Houston, Texas, has a total of 26 lanes in some sections as of 2007.[citation needed] However, they are divided up into general use/ frontage roads/ HOV lanes, restricting the traverse traffic flow.
Widest highway (maximum number of through lanes): Interstate 5 along a 2-mile section between Interstate 805 and California State Route 56 in San Diego, California, which was completed in April 2007, is 22 lanes wide.[26]
Think you need to get out more. :D

Gary":89ktrsda said:
RogerS":89ktrsda said:
flying haggis":89ktrsda said:

Wiki gives this

Think you need to get out more. :D

what makes you say that :)

Back