Are you going to enter the TREND ROUTING COMPETITION?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are, please let us know what you are going to make.

Cheers
Neil

PS Competition details are at the top of the page. The thread is a sticky so it will stay at the top of the page.

Yes.

I am going to enter this time, i am tryin to perfect a single jigsaw piece about 125mm square. I tried to get a template made a while back but wasnt successful, even a cnc machine couldnt get the accuracy required on all four faces with a mating pin but i am determined this time to overcome.
I also liked the wavy breadboard that was shown a while back, once i have mastered the jigsaw piece i will split and join the different contrasting timbers.
We are needing a new hall table, my wife likes me to use glass so will also try and do some inlays using sandblasted glass, using the same for the templates.
hope this made sense

Ian

Well I was thinking about it - which is usually as far as I ever get... But now I've read what Ian's planning I think maybe I'll concede defeat now :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

What she said :shock:
No, I hope to enter. No ideas about design as yet. Should probably ask TPTB what kind of table is needed... :roll:

Still pondering designs. If I can think of something worthwhile I will enter

jaymar":12apdxlp said:
Still pondering designs. If I can think of something worthwhile I will enter

Ditto, problem is, I don't really need a table at the moment. :?

Adam

trev":17au6u4g said:
What about a router table
Thats a good idea - would this be eligible, Neil, as I'm making one at the moment? Trouble is, it isn't exactly a small table :?

NeilCFD

Hi NeilCFD

Neil":bufz5kdx said:
Thats a good idea - would this be eligible, Neil, as I'm making one at the moment? Trouble is, it isn't exactly a small table :?

I blame trevor for giving you all of these ideas. :wink:

If you want to enter your router table then please go ahead. Please note that the project should be made primarily with a tailed router and, if available, a biscuit jointer.

Another thing which might weigh against your choice are the points awarded for the quality of finishing. (Neil, no sleight is meant on your workmanship. :wink: )

Cheers
Neil

Yes, i'm giving it a go, although not quite sure what yet :shock:,

but can we bar;

a) anyone who made a box in the previous comp.

b) anyone who's been in a mag. (Including a mention in the forum
feature.)
c) anyone who has ever given proper advice on this forum.

Just send the T5 to me now.... :roll:

TX

Newbie_Neil":3uc835c5 said:
Another thing which might weigh against your choice are the points awarded for the quality of finishing. (Neil, no sleight is meant on your workmanship. )
No sleight taken, Neil :lol: I'll just have to French Polish it and then I'll be OK :wink:

So I guess I'm entering, either with the router table, or with something more exciting if I have time.

NeilCFD

Latest posts

Back