Are there ANY glasses which Doesn't FOG up?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDavidRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 4 !!! different safety glasses, all of them sweat/fog up like crazy and make me blind and unable to see anything as soon as I start doing something, some of them were very cheap,some of them expensive, but all fog up.. Doing any kind of work/fixing car is just impossible with them as they just turn in a hazard, I have tried the dishwashing liquid method - It isn't any good.. works for a few minutes before it just makes me blind as well+ makes the glasses dirty. The only thing I have found which doesnt Fogs up is a full face-shield , however not always it's practical + It's a very large clunker.

Has anyone got a pair which doesn't do this or it's just impossible?
I have some bolle glasses which had a description of - Anti Fog & Anti Scratch -- They are one of the worst ever,they fog up like crazy+ They are scratched to death already, So That was a fail and only a total gimmick!
Has anyone fixed this problem, found something which doesn't fogs up? Or an actual effective solution which actually helps for more than a few minutes?

are you wearing a mask at the same time? Are you putting them on 'cold'? Are they over glasses? or full googles? If we know the answer to some of these, a better answer can be given

Used to use a bit of potato on my skiing googles, or was that to stop ice, too old to remember and a long time since I went skiing, but if the weather forecasters are to be believed I may have a chance in the garden soon. #-o

Mike

I use these, and think they're fantastic Bolle SILPSI Silium Safety Glasses - Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VDWMYI/ ... mAb000FG91

Whilst they're not fog proof at all, they sit clear of my face enough that I can count the number of times they've fogged up on one hand.

As mentioned earlier, dust masks are the number one cause of fogging in my view. Check my review of the new trend mask in the reviews section if you find this to be the culprit

As MattRoberts said I wear these at work most days for my propper job and they don't fog up even when put on cold. They can if I'm wearing a mask but normally I use a full face shield when using masks.

Matt

I've read that if you spit on them it helps ....
Someone mentioned that when the dentist inspects your mouth, they take saliva from your gums
and wipe it on the wee mirror
Anyone tried it ?

I have a shielded respirator I use sometimes and it really fogs up...sometimes,
and other times its grand ...
I will be adding a air supply to this mask in future, and hopefully this will be the solution as I'm told.
Hope it works
Tom

Ttrees":17q76rxp said:
I will be adding a air supply to this mask in future, and hopefully this will be the solution as I'm told.
Hope it works
Tom

That will probably work, I have a Trend Airshield Pro and it never fogs up, the flow of air across the face is quite refreshing and keeps you cool, but does't look it. :ho2

Mike

Back