Aquamac Tooling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormer1940

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a aquamac cutter or equivalent so I can put a draught excluder strip in the meeting stiles of some french doors.

Firstly which is the correct cutter as there seems to be a choice?

If possible is there cutter that is available for the spindle moulder that will do this job or are those just for windows and door frame components? I am planing on making window frames and door frames as part of the business so the tooling wouldn't be used as a one off.

If it needs to be a router cutter then let it be.

Cheers

Thanks Matt. I have emailed them. Would be good to know about the spindle moulder version if anyone has any info..

the spindle version of the 63 strip isnt deep enough to do a 60mm rebate..... so no good for double glazed traditional windows. Works on SP ones though,

Advantage with the router cutter is that the bearing guides the depth easily, spindle requires setup/test everytime, however also means you can cut deeper if needed..

Thanks Olly. I have some samples of seal coming from reddiseals and will prob go along with the router cutter from them as well.

I use one that i got from Axminster and when needed use the Aquamac that I get from them - Works ok for me.

Dodge":3vv0ls22 said:
I use one that i got from Axminster and when needed use the Aquamac that I get from them - Works ok for me.

+1 Used the Axminster cutter for cutting the groove to fit Aquamac 21. Does the job nicely.

I have the Axminster spindle cutter and the router cutter.

Just before I stopped making windows I tried the Reddiseals version of the Aquamac and found it was a touch tight for the cutter and had to use a thin bit of metal to put it in and tap it with a hammer, the up side was it was never coming out again.

The Aquamac stuff was always a finger push fit.

Tom

tomatwark":3t6hkmz4 said:
I have the Axminster spindle cutter and the router cutter.

Just before I stopped making windows I tried the Reddiseals version of the Aquamac and found it was a touch tight for the cutter and had to use a thin bit of metal to put it in and tap it with a hammer, the up side was it was never coming out again.

The Aquamac stuff was always a finger push fit.

Tom

Received an order from reddiseal today, cutter and 5mm bubble seal. Not sure if they have redesigned the cutter but the seal pushed in nicely... Cheers Matt Moore for the suggestion.... I'm not complaining when the cutter is £8.....

Tom, I've had the same problem with aquamac, they call up for a 3mm groove, the reddiseals cutter is 2.7mm hence the problem. the reddiseals cutter is designes for their gasket at 2.7mm wide.
Stormer, glad I have been of help.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sorry tomatwork. Misread what you were doing and didn't realise you weren't using the reddiseals cutter.

Back