Aquamac 21 Door seal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to find the router bit to install the aquamac 21 door seal on ebay for a fiver. But I am struggling to find a good drawing/description on exactly where the routed groove goes to seal an new external door and frame I will make.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/aquamac-21-door-seal-ax21115

In the jam? in the stop?

any advice would be gratefully received.

It's a wipe seal, so it goes in the jam. If you have a weather bar it must be in the weather side of the bar so that water dies not get trapped behind the weather bar. I usually put it just so it will clear the hinges to avoid a crafty bit!

It can actually be used as a wiping seal or a compression seal.

If you want to use it as a compression seal, it goes in the rebate, so the top of the seal is just about or below flush when the door is shut and compresses it.

As a compression seal you need to allow about a 6mm gap.

It can be used as a wiper or compression seal. Used it throughout our house on doors and windows as a compression seal without a problem. Will have a hunt about to see if I can find the instructions which came with it.

Here you go

Attachments

• Scan.jpeg
    Scan.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 168
For compression the better seal is the Acquamac 63. The 21 has a compression down to about 5mm where as the 66 can go down to about 3mm.

Back