APTC AS609 (Axminster) Belt/Disk sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevsmith00

Reaction score
Hello guys
I have acquired one of these sanders its great but i need a manual

1. To see if i am missing any parts and;
2. To see how to fix the belt into the upright position its got me baffled. If anyone can point me in either direction i would appreciate it. I cant find any manuals online. I have contacted Axminster but no joy.

The belt sander bit on most just lifts up. So it could possibly be a bit siezed, and maybe an application of WD40 or GT95 in that area, along with a bit of waggling could be the answer.

The machine itself looks pretty much identical to the Clarke CS6-9C disc and belt sander - the give away being that support rod that takes the weight of the belt bed, so you might have more luck tracking down the manual or instructions for that instead.(I'll have a look)

The Ax model would have been their branded of a generic sander of that time, and as the Clarke looks pretty much the same, there should be others.

Clarke never really change their stock, so are probably still retailing this machine.
I've found the manual for the Clarke, no sign of the one for the Ax.
https://wiki.rlab.org.uk/w/images/7/75/Cs6_9c.pdf

Brilliant thanks. I should have said its not jamned in anyway quite the opposite, i cant secure or lock it in the upright position. I dont see any locking bolts or spring catches etc.

Thanks for the manual

Back