April Challenge ( The Results ). And Comments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have the results from Richard and his comments

Another tough one! I was surprised to see so many veriants and not that many that I would consider "classic" candlestickes. Well done to all entries!!

1st -and 6 points Silverbirch - Simple but with effective and well excecuted detals, lovely finish and an all round excelent pair.

2nd - and 5 points Alli - A very good pair, I too have seen a set like these and loved the idea. Well excecuted and with a tricky thread as well. Well done.

3rd -and 4 points SteadyEddie - A classic and very well excecuted pair of candlesticks. Well done.

4th -and 3 points Henton - Another simple design but well excuted with interesting and tasteful decoration.

5th and 2 points- Hesh - Another simple but excellent entry. Slightly different from many of the other entries but once again really well excecuted. Well done.

All other entrants get 1 point each

As always I am happy to give feedback either on the forum or via PM.

Well done again to all entries,

Cheers

Richard

So well done to all who entered

Well done, guys - especially those with extra points - You certainly deserve them.

Despite my effoprts being VERY plain and simplistic, I did not find it a simple challenge - matching ain't so easy!
And many thanks for the inspirational ideas from you all, especially Alli - I love the travellers' set.
Cheers,

Greg

I've just picked myself up from the floor! Second place, I can't believe it!! I had my 5 favorites and I didn't reckon my entry came anywhere close.

Thank you again to the jugdes and organizers of this competition, it has pushed me so far beyond my abilities and I really enjoy that.

Its amazing how many ways the design brief can be interpreted and the inspiration from seeing other designs and the quality of your turning spurs me on.

Cheers David

Wow!!! I am absolutely thrilled with my 4th place!! I had entered this year with the aim of scoring 12 points by submitting every month - to get a 4th place is just great, particularly looking at the quality of the submitted pieces.

Well done to all entrants in what I thought was a very high quality field, and thanks to Blister and Richard.

Roll on the May challenge!!!

Mike.

Good on ye lads & lassies , 8) what a great display of your ablities .Richard is a stickler for form and presentation ,as can be seen with me not getting a top place. :shock: But despite his bad judgment I still got me point. =D>
Seriously though ,Its a very though job to do ,and IMO he got it spot on. Thanks Ri chard again for a jod well done =D> =D> .
It's a great feeling to be up there at the top, I know but I still wonder why or how when you see all the great work that others have done . Thats what the challenge is an incentive to get all your skills working at their best.

Congrats. to the top five really lovely work and deserving of your placeing, =D> =D> But remember next month we will all be gunning for your places. :D :D
Well done to my fellow (one pointers) that without us judging would be far easier ,Watch this space next month. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well done Ian =D>
Pushed me again this month as I dont do much 'proper' turning and I must say that this was probably the best bit of spindle turning I've done to date, hardly any sanding required and they almost matched! So thanks again to Blister and Richard for putting in all the time and effort.
and also well done to those who had the time to put in an entry, some good interpretations (the hardest bit I think) and some lovely items.
=D>

Well, I`m flabbergasted that my entry came first! (Not that I`m complaining...)
Well done to all who entered. There was a healthy turnout and I thought there were some really strong and creative entries.
Thanks to Richard for the difficult task of judging.

Ian

Chuffed or what !! Two 3rd places in a row. Well done Ian,and well done to everyone else who entered, some nice work on show again . A big thanks to Richard for judging and an equally big thanks to Blister for all his hard work.

Dave

Congratulations to all the entrants this month =D> =D> and I have to say I was stunned to get an extra point as I nearly didnt enter anything. Many thanks to Blister and Richard for their hard work and lets hope the challenge goes from strength to strength as I am thouroughly enjoying the experience each month.
Hard to pick a favourite this month and loved seeing the different interpretations which must make it hard to judge.

Regards

Steve

some inspirational entries last month. I shall be away for most of May so may miss this months challange but hey at least I'm on the scoreboard even if only bottom, hee hee.

Just wanted to add to my initial post - as well as great to see inspirational work, isn't it good that we can all share our stuff from the top oif Scotland, to Wales, Ireland and the southernmost parts of Engalnd. And benefit from the C&C's of others - I love this community!

And a big thanks to Mr B and to Richard for all your work - much appreciated.

Greg

Back