Apple/Mac to XP Link

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
http://onmac.net/

My sister was sold an apple/mac computer when she changed her computer last year. She had very little knowledge on computers and then learnt to her cost that all her windows software was obsolete.

The above link purports to partition an apple harddrive and allows XP installation. Kind of freeware? (asking for a donation)

Any experience yet in here? Or should my sister stay clear of this little sweetie.

( I new the Apple boys really wanted Windows :wink: :wink: :wink: )

That software only works on the latest macs that came out this year so no good for your sister.

"I new the Apple boys really wanted Windows" I think not

Apple have an official version of the dual boot setup that site is offering. Google for "Mac Boot Camp Beta" for details...

There is a product called "Virtual PC" that might help your sister, devonwoody. It's an "emulator" that will allow any mac to run windows. Needs a fairly powerful mac to run it effectively, and it might be cheaper to replace all her windows software with the mac equivalent though!

Jim

"Mac Boot Camp Beta" will only run on the latest "intel based macs" which were introduced this year so like the onmac thingy will not run on older macs. Virtual PC will run windows but as an emulator will be slower than the mac version of software. Try ebay for 2nd hand copy of virtual PC.

Jim":3knjowqw said:
There is a product called "Virtual PC" that might help your sister, devonwoody. It's an "emulator" that will allow any mac to run windows. Needs a fairly powerful mac to run it effectively, and it might be cheaper to replace all her windows software with the mac equivalent though!

Jim

Or buy a cheap PC or laptop for around £400 and run XP software on there

Back