Apple and Pbucket?...SORTED!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
This will probably...no, certainly be the first of several questions about the Apple OS that I'm coming to grips with, albeit slowly.

When I go onto my Photobucket account, I click on the desired pic which then comes up larger on a new screen. So far so good. I then traverse to the right to see the image information, where I highlight the Img link (as you would do on Windoze) and press Command and C (Copy) together. I then go onto the thread where I want to post a reply, highlight the box (or area for typing) and hit Command and V (Paste) but the result is that only the 'Img Code' wording is pasted...the hyperlink details are not.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but what? - Rob

Just tried this and it's working fine for me - OSX 10.7 Lion and Chrome browser. What happens if you right-click on the Img code then Copy & Paste - any different?

Otherwise, check that you don't have the caps lock, that can sometimes throw things out. And that you're using the 'cmd' key (either side of the spacebar with the 'splat' symbol on it) not 'crtl'? Actually, you must be if it's pasting something; can you copy & paste normal text in e.g. TextEdit?

Pete

On my Mac :mrgreen:

Once I have uploaded the image from my Mac to photobucket

I then go into my photobucket album

Move the mouse pointer over the image photo and a drop down menu appears

I then click the bottom option in the drop down menu , it then say " Copied "

Then right click in the forum box and paste

Image coding appears

Job done

No need to enlarge the image in photobucket

If you want the pikky to appear then do as Mr Blister says but just click on IMG Code and the full size pikky will appear when you either click on 'Submit', or if you want to see what we will see click on 'Preview' and you will see what you post will actually look like. If you aren't happy with it then you scroll down and you will see your text box and you can change it. When you are happy with it just click on 'Submit' and Bobs yer uncle, the magic happens comme ça

DSC06954.jpg

A lovely, tiny firecrest sitting on my thumb! Weight? 1/2 of nothing. Pleasure to see it fly away after colliding with one of our windows? Immeresurable :mrgreen:

Edit : - What OS are you using and what browser. It still shouldn't make any difference, but it would be handy to know if it can?

petermillard":kak5lhjk said:
Just tried this and it's working fine for me - OSX 10.7 Lion and Chrome browser. What happens if you right-click on the Img code then Copy & Paste - any different?

Otherwise, check that you don't have the caps lock, that can sometimes throw things out. And that you're using the 'cmd' key (either side of the spacebar with the 'splat' symbol on it) not 'crtl'? Actually, you must be if it's pasting something; can you copy & paste normal text in e.g. TextEdit?

Pete

Yep, I'm doing all of that stuff, but it still won't copy the html code, all I get is 'IMG code' when I hit cmdV...nothing else :? The machine is a brand new MacBook Pro, so will have the latest (I assume) OS, using Safari as the browser. I've set up the track pad so that there's no left and right click, just a central one. Two fingers for vertical movement of the screen and three for sideways shifting between open tabs - Rob

Did you try what I said Rob?

It works on my MacBook Pro. Mine is on Snow Leopard 10.6, yours is almost certainly on Lion, but that should not make any difference. But you can check by clicking on the 'Apple' in the top left hand corner of the screen and select 'About this Mac' if it's 10.7 it's Lion..

Edit : - I forgot to say. Have a look at ALL of the tricks you can do with the track pad, 1 finger, 2, 3 and 4. It makes life VERY simple and makes M/soft kit look very old stock!

Jonzjob":3hnii0hq said:
Did you try what I said Rob?

It works on my MacBook Pro. Mine is on Snow Leopard 10.6, yours is almost certainly on Lion, but that should not make any difference. But you can check by clicking on the 'Apple' in the top left hand corner of the screen and select 'About this Mac' if it's 10.7 it's Lion..

Edit : - I forgot to say. Have a look at ALL of the tricks you can do with the track pad, 1 finger, 2, 3 and 4. It makes life VERY simple and makes M/soft kit look very old stock!

I'm doing exactly what Blister does (this is the same as I was doing in Windoze 7) and I'm still getting no image coding, just the first words...'Img code' which is what appears when I hit 'Preview' Confused I am :? - Rob

Have you tried using Firefox? I have found it much better than Safari and use it all of the time now.

After a 03.00 night last night it me bed time now but I'll have a look back in in the morning, good luck Rob and let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas 2012 :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jonzjob":28mafq4l said:
Have you tried using Firefox? I have found it much better than Safari and use it all of the time now.

After a 03.00 night last night it me bed time now but I'll have a look back in in the morning, good luck Rob and let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas 2012 :evil: :evil: :evil:
Up the wooden hill for me as well...but Firefox? :-k, that's a thought. I was using FF on the old Windoze machine and Pbucket worked fine with it. I'll have a play around on the 'morrow - Rob

I've not had any problem with copying the img code on my Mac but I mostly use Flickr these days because I like the interface better. It gives me options for size choices so I can upload the image at full size and link to an image at whatever size I want.

Of course some forum software overrides the image size it displays.

I use Firefox on my PC, Safari on my MacBook but I also use Imageshack - no problems?

Rod

Just a thought but when I do stuff like this I first try to highlight the image I am interested in, click and hold down the mouse and then drag the image into the window where I want it to go. Many times it copies over without any problem...magic.

woodbloke":3drdouhw said:
The machine is a brand new MacBook Pro, so will have the latest (I assume) OS, using Safari as the browser. I've set up the track pad so that there's no left and right click, just a central one.
It doesn't seem like any of us can replicate the problem you're having, even with the same equipment, so I think you need to go through a process of elimination; is copy & paste broken at a system level, or is it just in that particular browser or website, or is it the keyboard mapping that awry?

Did you try copy & paste in another app e.g. TextEdit? If this works as it should then the problem would seem to be specific to that browser or website; if it doesn't work, then the problem's probably at a more fundamental level.

Is it the keyboard mapping that's out of whack? Can you copy & paste through a contextual menu? Even with right-click disabled (and why, just out of interest?) you can use Ctrl+click to bring up a contextual menu for cut/copy/paste etc... That's Ctrl+click btw, not Cmd.

If the above works OK, then how about trying copy & paste in another photo website e.g. Flickr? If this works, then the problem would seem to be specific to your photobucket/safari combo, which would be weird, but not insurmountable.

Hope some of this helps you get this sorted.

Cheers, Pete

petermillard":8hahah3n said:
woodbloke":8hahah3n said:
The machine is a brand new MacBook Pro, so will have the latest (I assume) OS, using Safari as the browser. I've set up the track pad so that there's no left and right click, just a central one.
It doesn't seem like any of us can replicate the problem you're having, even with the same equipment, so I think you need to go through a process of elimination; is copy & paste broken at a system level, or is it just in that particular browser or website, or is it the keyboard mapping that awry?

Did you try copy & paste in another app e.g. TextEdit? If this works as it should then the problem would seem to be specific to that browser or website; if it doesn't work, then the problem's probably at a more fundamental level.

Is it the keyboard mapping that's out of whack? Can you copy & paste through a contextual menu? Even with right-click disabled (and why, just out of interest?) you can use Ctrl+click to bring up a contextual menu for cut/copy/paste etc... That's Ctrl+click btw, not Cmd.

If the above works OK, then how about trying copy & paste in another photo website e.g. Flickr? If this works, then the problem would seem to be specific to your photobucket/safari combo, which would be weird, but not insurmountable.

Hope some of this helps you get this sorted.

Cheers, Pete
'Is it the keyboard mapping that's out of whack? Can you copy & paste through a contextual menu? Even with right-click disabled (and why, just out of interest?) you can use Ctrl+click to bring up a contextual menu for cut/copy/paste etc... That's Ctrl+click btw, not Cmd'

That's Cmd+C and then Cmd+V so they're working, but when I try the same thing on an Image code in PBucket it won't do it. I'll try the Ctr+click in Pbucket and see what happens. I downloaded FFox earlier and got the same result...nowt :(

I tried copy/pasting an Axminster hyperlink thus:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-25 ... rod816475/

and that's working OK and even when I insert it in the url mode, it still works....just not in Pbucket :cry:

However, when I ctrl+right click and then load into the dashboard at the top of the screen, then copy and paste as before I end up with:

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n112 ... sSMALL.jpg

the linkie but not the pic? - Rob

Rob

What happens if you just right-click? I don't have a photobucket account but going to their home page and using Chrome, pointing the mouse at a photo on the home page and doing a right-click gives me a dropdown menu and one of the options is copy IMG URL...then paste wherever you want. Works for me.

Rob

What happens if you just right-click? I don't have a photobucket account but going to their home page and using Chrome, pointing the mouse at a photo on the home page and doing a right-click gives me a dropdown menu and one of the options is copy IMG URL...then paste wherever you want. Works for me.

The options that you get when right-click in a browser depends on the browser. Safari by far gives you the most options including copy image address which is what you want. Firefox also will give an option to copy the img url.

RogerS":x2lnhe74 said:
Rob

The options that you get when right-click in a browser depends on the browser. Safari by far gives you the most options including copy image address which is what you want. Firefox also will give an option to copy the img url.

You mean like this:

W650andRouterTableSMALL.jpg

...right clicking on the 'Copy Image address' and then inserting between the Img tags brings up the pic!

Rog, you are a true genius =D> \:D/ and thanks chaps for all your input on this one, very much appreciated.

Off now to take a pic of me SS prezi and get it posted before Waka looses all his hair :lol: - Rob...ACK (work out what that one is :-" )

Back