Anyone with a CNC who can assist me with making 2 trophies?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I promised my local primary school last July that I would supply a couple of nice trophies for the end of year leavers and I am really struggling to find someone with a cnc machine who can machine aluminium. The trophies are very simple and I just require them to be machined out of 9mm aluminium.

The 2 designs I have are shown below and they need to each be about 5" tall.

Of course I am happy to pay for the time and materials (so long as it is not too expensive ;-))

9106950938_a095a5ebc4_b.jpg

If you can help, please do let me know as I really need these in the next couple of weeks if I am going to make the deadline.

Thanks

Hello,

I use a small CNC router in school but have never had any success cutting out aluminium. Tried it for an A level students project this year with no success and your 9 mm is THICK!

A CNC milling machine would do it, but engraving the lettering might likely be a separate process, and I think this would be expensive. If it were me, I'd get the designs engraved on thin plate from a local engravers and then mount them on some beautiful polished timber. Still might be pricey, don't know what your budget is.

Mike.

How about laser-engraved in wood instead of using aluminium. If you want to go that route pm me and we can take it from there! You can check out some engraving on my site. If you want it to look 'metally' I can even spray it silver first for you and then engrave it.

www.pensofdistinction.co.uk

I've just had a go with some scrap alloy 6mm thick
my machines up to it
the letters are 6mm high on this example

If you do want it in alloy 9mm thick let me know and I'll work out a price

Ian

Back