anyone using gmail?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I have a gmail account but its rarely used.
Now I want it i can not find the inbox.
I have every other stupid option known to man and google, but no email.
Anyone know how i can find it?

Morning sunnybob,

In your browser address bar, type google.co.uk. Look in the top right of the screen when the page has loaded. There should be a link for gmail.

Dave

Both of those links send me to an ADD ACCOUNT page.
I already have an account and I am logged into my account.
I cannot find the email or inbox.

After a lot of searching, I've just discovered that gmail was discontinued in April. :shock:
Told you I didnt use it much. :roll:
Now I know why I havent been receiving notifications from two forums.
Thats another several hours finding alternatives.

Google Inbox and Gmail are different applications. Inbox is gone, but Gmail is alive and kicking.

sunnybob":7b9xn177 said:
After a lot of searching, I've just discovered that gmail was discontinued in April. :shock:
Don't know where you got that information from but my two Gmail accounts are still working. I access them via a programme (client) on my PC. I just logged in via my browser & it took me directly to my email inbox. This is the default setting.
I seem to recall having difficulty finding the inbox in the past but as I can't replicate what you see I can't remember the steps to take you there.
All I can say is that it is available through one of the links (possibly at the top) of your account web page.
Email clients solve a lot of problems once they have been set up to access your email accounts. Most clients automatically enter the correct server settings (unlike a few years back where you had to look them up & enter them manually) once you have given them your email address & password.
HTH.

I think, (but am quite prepared to be shot down), that if a gmail account is dormant for a significant period or will be summarily executed, (or at least suspended). I use gmail and another, both pulled directly to my computer and phone, so I don't need to log onto server via browser. It can be annoying 're spam if not filtered, but it is convenient in general.

I could be barking up the wrong tree here by Gmail did run an experiment called "Inbox" which was a simplified frontend to Gmail i.e. exact same data just with a much nicer and prettier interface. It made email much more manageable and user friendly. Perhaps this is what you were using Bob (it was very blue in colour)? Google canned it earlier this year with the plan to eventually merge the popular features into standard Gmail at some point.

Straight Gmail is still very much alive https://gmail.com

I found a message from google saying they were discontinuing gmail+. which is what I was using.
It was purely as a re-direct for two sites that I had problems getting notifications from.

I've now reconfigured those sites and all is well.

Back