Anyone using Cutlist Plus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guyforks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks.
If any one out there is using Cutlist Plus, can they tell me what the point of the rough lumber section in raw material is all about if you can't use it in the layout for the materials. Is it just for stock control?
Thanks.
G

Guyforks":1gidp18n said:
Hi Folks.
If any one out there is using Cutlist Plus, can they tell me what the point of the rough lumber section in raw material is all about if you can't use it in the layout for the materials. Is it just for stock control?
Thanks.
G
More or Less, I keep Rough sawn timber in the Dimensioned section and just changed the name. I don't use the rough Lumber section.

Mr Shed.
Thanks, that’s what I thought. I e-mailed the company yesterday cos I can't seem to find a way to get a proposal out of the programme other then printing. I want to export it so I can e-mail it but I can't and there’s no stock control for the hardware under raw materials.
Am I right?
G

Yes your right, proposals and stock control for hardware/ other items are available in the more expensive versions of cutlist unfortunately. IMHO unless you are using this product on a regular or professional basis it's not worth the extra money as the price jump from "Plus version is too great.

FWIW you could try and name some hardware parts in the dimensioned timber stock as a workaround.

Always looking at different ways to make my easier I downloaded it.

I can't see any advantage over using a Excel spread sheet which is how I do it.

I have a work book which has my sheet material and timber calculator as well as a labour and total job spread sheets on it.

I took me about an hour to create and also means I can adapt it if I need to as I go.

It does not let you have cubic feet or cubic metres and as that is how most wood is sold in this country I think it is not much use.

It is to fussy for the small maker I think.

But each to their own.

Tom

I picked up the Gold version last week (£157). So the proposal problem shouldn’t be cos of an inferior version.
I’ve used a few other cutting list programmes and none really did it for me. So I started writing a spread sheet but got bored. The wife’s the excel superstar but doesn’t have the time or know what I’m looking for. So I bit the bullet.
It’s a good programme. It just seems to have a few silly little flaws. I did notice there bringing out an update soon to the Export properties. I’m hoping this will solve the e-mail problem.

G

Guyforks":2efinbuf said:
I picked up the Gold version last week (£157). So the proposal problem shouldn’t be cos of an inferior version.
I’ve used a few other cutting list programmes and none really did it for me. So I started writing a spread sheet but got bored. The wife’s the excel superstar but doesn’t have the time or know what I’m looking for. So I bit the bullet.
It’s a good programme. It just seems to have a few silly little flaws. I did notice there bringing out an update soon to the Export properties. I’m hoping this will solve the e-mail problem.

G
Hmmm lets hope the update solves those issues. Although updates have been a bit thin on the ground imho and have addressed mainly background technical issues.
But fwiw it's still the best of theses types of programme imho. It's certainly paid for itself here many many times over.

I received a reply to my e-mail the next morning so I give there tec support 10/10.
The email sated the best way to e-mail a proposal was to print if off and scan it (really helpful) and that the stock control for Raw Material- Hardware was on there todo list.
Fingers crossed.
G

Back