Anyone up for new measuring kit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks interesting. I've bought a fair bit from Chronos without any complaint in the past and they have been spot on with customer service. That's probably worth a punt at that price. The only thing that would concern me is the possible use of aluminium for the combination square blade - that rarely ends well in my experience.

Don't agree with the statement " Compared to traditional milling machines CNC ensures a higher degree of accuracy and uniformity " it may offer some better degree of repeatability but a decent engineer will produce equal quality and accuracy just maybe a little slower. I would also echo shed9's concern of using aluminium and would prefer ground steel.

Just wondering if anything from Shinwa or another Japanese manufacturer be suitable?
Guessing they have some lighter weight solutions...
Maybe Ishatini might be worth looking up to see if he has a blog.

Mind you the Shinwa stainless steel mitre tool might be a bit heavy too, but quite nice,
and a whole lot nicer than anything made from ali.

Chronos have supplied me with various esoteric tools over the years, esp things I can use for lapidary and inlay work

Having used Chronos a few times now, I found after after my first purchase that their prices on their eBay shop are dearer than those on their own website so go direct.
I queried the difference with them on ebay on the item I bought.
Me
Hi, just found this on your Web site, priced at £13.19, why the price difference? Not happy about this as bought it on your ebay shop and was £16.95.
Chronos
The price difference is due the relatively high cost of selling via ebay rather than our website

Which is understandable and OK by me, and shows it pays to check around.

Having used Chronos a few times now, I found after after my first purchase that their prices on their eBay shop are dearer than those on their own website so go direct.
I queried the difference with them on ebay on the item I bought.
Me
Hi, just found this on your Web site, priced at £13.19, why the price difference? Not happy about this as bought it on your ebay shop and was £16.95.
Chronos
The price difference is due the relatively high cost of selling via ebay rather than our website

Which is understandable and OK by me, and shows it pays to check around.
I go direct & have a 5% discount code which they gave me.

Latest posts

Back