Anyone tried Axminster’s Black Friday ‘Perform’ bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedropete

Established Member
Reaction score
Spotted it while browsing the other evening but no reviews. Not on site now either so guess they sold out. Specced as 250w, 80mm depth and 200(ish) throat, cast iron table (no mitre fence included), for £120. Machine was finished in a really obnoxious bright orangey-yellow so no danger of tripping over it at least.

Anyone had a look or actually used one?

EDIT: turns out they were a Black Friday special and no more coming into stock. Pfft!

..looks very similar to the Aldi bandsaw, but this one has a better table, (Aldi is pressed steel). I have the Aldi one and I am always singing its praises, (for what it is, and cost about £70), and I did fit a Tufsaws blade.
Probably no good for "major" work, but has done me well for the odd little job.....and if / when it breaks I would buy another one. It would be nice to have a better, (flatter?) table though, and the one above seems to have that all be it for more money.

EddyCurrent":5h1gteri said:
Well spotted, cheers!

Having spoken with Axi today they claimed this is identical to the AC1400B with the exception of the colour and the doors being plastic rather than metal.

Toss up between this and the Titan with its 30mm additional width. Any thoughts?

Back