Anyone recommend a finish for ash that won’t yellow?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got an ash table top to finish that needs to match a kitchen. It’s an IKEA kitchen and the ash doesn’t look very yellow like when it’s oiled.
anyone recommend a good finish that won’t turn it very yellow?

Just finished a ash display cabinet, which is shown on this site. I had the same issue and was recommended to use Chestnut aqueous sander sealer and then the aqueous finish both applied with a foam brush. Looks great, won't yellow.

Hi there have you tried getting hold of something like paint to match or a polish or some kind of stain. put it this way I’ve worked with IKEA stuff and I don’t like it it’s Swedish stuff and cheep looking.😇

Just finished a ash display cabinet, which is shown on this site. I had the same issue and was recommended to use Chestnut aqueous sander sealer and then the aqueous finish both applied with a foam brush. Looks great, won't yellow.

That piece looks great. I found the sanding sealer you referred to, but what's the specific finish? Cheers!

it's chestnut Acrylic lacquer, 2 coats with foam brush over one coat of the Acrylic sander sealer. Cut the sander sealer when dry with 320 grit, then good to go.

Back