Anyone own a Vacuum former

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
My mask for the this years Halloween can't be brought (2 hours of googling). So its on my list of to make.

I was thinking of making a wooden template for then using a vacuum former to get the basic shape. If I send you the form will anyone with a machine do the forming for me? Naturally ill pay.

Normally I'd have said yes, no problem, but I no longer have access to my vac kit.

But have you considered using one of those vac bags for clothes storage? They work really well on flat stuff, I've not tried them on anything as rounded as a face. What material are you pressing? If it's papier maché then I'd think it would be fine.

S

If you youtube there are instructions on how to use your oven and a normal vacuum to do it. They looked pretty good from what I remember.

Hudson Carpentry":v49w8p6j said:
My mask for the this years Halloween can't be brought (2 hours of googling). So its on my list of to make.

I was thinking of making a wooden template for then using a vacuum former to get the basic shape. If I send you the form will anyone with a machine do the forming for me? Naturally ill pay.

Masks - have you thought of using RTV silicone or similar? http://www.tomps.com/shop/index.php

HIH

Dibs

Steve Maskery":232n827u said:
Normally I'd have said yes, no problem, but I no longer have access to my vac kit.

But have you considered using one of those vac bags for clothes storage? They work really well on flat stuff, I've not tried them on anything as rounded as a face. What material are you pressing? If it's papier maché then I'd think it would be fine.

S

Acrylic probably. I have lots of plastics in stock but haven't chosen which piece yet.

Chems":26l0nxf0 said:
If you youtube there are instructions on how to use your oven and a normal vacuum to do it. They looked pretty good from what I remember.

I did a search for homemand after I posted this and found a nice guide on a website. I nearly made it then but I think she would have kicked off if she heard the hum of the saw at that time of night.

Dibs-h":2omrdice said:
Hudson Carpentry":2omrdice said:

Masks - have you thought of using RTV silicone or similar? http://www.tomps.com/shop/index.php

HIH

Dibs

I have tar but wanted to avoid that route. Its not going to be a face or even sit on my face comfortable. I plan to just use some foam as a spacer between the mask and face to stop it rocking on my nose. When I manage to extract the image from the source ill post.

Back