Anyone need a Wadkin AGS10/12 riving knife?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

partsandlabour

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a riving knife for my AGS 10.

I've drawn a DXF of one from a scan of an original riving knife and I'm about to get some laser cut in 2.5mm stainless.

Anyone else need one? If so send me a PM and we can make the arrangements.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Riving Knife Final.jpg
    Riving Knife Final.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 216
partsandlabour":2zgt7fvx said:
I'm about to get some laser cut in 2.5mm stainless.

You should get a dozen or so cut and lump 'em on eBay, should make a pretty penny.

I’d like to have one,(depending on price!) however, I’m not sure which vintage of AGS it’s for?
I had an AGS Riving knife made a year of two ago, but it didn’t look like the one you have drawn. It had a hammer head slot, an additional piece riveted onto the side to pack the riving knife away to align with the blade and slots down the back edge to hook the crown guard onto.

The riving knife from my AGS10, early model, is different.
19743E22-793D-4C88-907F-BD4F468F9BF1.jpeg

616DC7B9-9497-402A-BBBA-3857A58AE12B.jpeg

There are different versions for different ages, as said mine is an older one.

Fitz

Attachments

• 19743E22-793D-4C88-907F-BD4F468F9BF1.jpeg
    19743E22-793D-4C88-907F-BD4F468F9BF1.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 616DC7B9-9497-402A-BBBA-3857A58AE12B.jpeg
    616DC7B9-9497-402A-BBBA-3857A58AE12B.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 216
From what I've seen on youtube and American woodworking sites I'd say several million American woodworkers need them.Some might actually be aware of it too.

deema":r6mxq09p said:
I’d like to have one,(depending on price!) however, I’m not sure which vintage of AGS it’s for?
I had an AGS Riving knife made a year of two ago, but it didn’t look like the one you have drawn. It had a hammer head slot, an additional piece riveted onto the side to pack the riving knife away to align with the blade and slots down the back edge to hook the crown guard onto.

Yes some of the old machines are different (I'm not sure what age range). Did the knife on your machine fit onto a cast assembly with twin slots? Mine is a 1960 machine (so I'm led to believe) and the knife fits the assembly on that one (which is a mild steel bar + clamp/spacers)
It will also fit SP130, BRT, AGS250/300

I've got some spares.. £25+VAT posted to the UK with invoice

Fitzroy":3j8qoeox said:
The riving knife from my AGS10, early model, is different.
View attachment 9223372036854775807
View attachment 616

There are different versions for different ages, as said mine is an older one.

Fitz

Thanks for sharing those pics. Yes early ones are different. I'm not sure when they switched designs. Mine is a 1960 machine apparently

I'm interested, as the knife I was using was a bit floppy (Oh! Er! Missus!) but my saw has been in storage for 18 months. Will try to get access and check for suitability, then report back.
Sam

Let me check my machine tomorrow and come back to you on the riving knife. I’m crossing my fingers it will be fine and I will take one off you.
Thanks

partsandlabour":34zoxhbh said:
I need a riving knife for my AGS 10.

I've drawn a DXF of one from a scan of an original riving knife and I'm about to get some laser cut in 2.5mm stainless.

Anyone else need one? If so send me a PM and we can make the arrangements.

Cheers!

Uhhhhh, not sure how I missed this thread, but this is totally cool. Also used to run business development for Autodesk AutoCAD, so extra credit for using DXF files. ;)

Currently trying to get set up to properly fab a true riving knife set up for my AGS 10. Here are my relevant threads. I'll message you as well. Is this for a full kerf blade?

Also Interested in learning some more. I'm looking to fabricate a riving knife that allows for the kerf and gullies to clear it fully (i.e. no attachment for the crown guard).

topic121346.html

baby-wadkin-bursgreen-in-california-advice-on-an-ags10-t114855-30.html

Thanks!
Kevin

Latest posts

Back