Anyone need a new tool cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was putting his fingers quite close to the unguarded sharp spinning thing.

Where was the prob ?. I saw a riving knife, and ok no guard, but guards arent always the be all end all. Besides it allows you to see what youre doing more clearly.

I have never understood the reasoning behind this argument for not using a blade guard, what do you need to see when you are pushing timber through a table saw?

I think the low camera angle was making it look closer than it actually was for most of the cuts, the only one I winced at was at ~9:20 when he reached over the blade to move the offcut away.

Honestly, as far as ‘YouTube woodworking with a tablesaw’ goes, this would be in the top-half if not top-quartile for safey; a riving knife, and a low-fence for thin material show much more thought than most.

I have never understood the reasoning behind this argument for not using a blade guard, what do you need to see when you are pushing timber through a table saw?
Its a better clearer view of the sharp spinny thing. Kind of a reminder 'Must keep fingers away from that. Jesus, look how dangerous that thing is. Maybe I should have been an accountant'..... :LOL: :LOL:

I hope everyone took note of the lack of dangly sleeves ;)
@9:20, he reaches over the blade, but he removes the scrap from well behind the riving knife. It would have been safer to have used a push stick to kick it off and further away.

I find them a bit prescriptive.... No room for extra or different tools.

Ok as an object "look what I made of furniture but as useful workshop storage a bit limited??

I'm often making cuts where the blade does not fully pass through the stock.

Out of all the scary things I have around here, the table saw gives me more fear than any of them.

I've seen the clip before and the toolbox is amazing.
but...
The safety stuff is odd. He wears a full face visor, not just safety glasses but removes the guards and doesn't use push sticks.
He is using scrap wood that doesn't look very flat and can have little surprises in it from old repairs or a missed nail. One nick or catch and his hands are so close to the blade. I really don't get the mentality

Jees you bunch are a tough croud to please. He did this wrong, that wrong and nearly had a tablesaw accident. Not much said about the chest itself. Now I would have been happier seeing better tablesaw saftey myself but he did a fine job on the chest and it was all recycled wood. All up one of the better woodworking clips I have seen.
Regards
John

Latest posts

Back