Anyone know where I can buy these.....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oaktree11

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am hopeful that someone on this forum can help me.
I am trying to find some hold down fittings. The one in the photo is actually for my pencil sharpener but just happens to be perfect.
BB7A54E3-39E6-47E1-8769-2DBE73086200.jpeg
I am trying
to make my Banggood corner squares into clamped ones like these

Drillpro Woodworking Precision Clamping Square L-Shaped Auxiliary Fixture Splicing Board Positioning Panel Fixed Clip Carpenter Square Ruler Woodworking Tool Tool Accessories from Tools on banggood.com

which I regard as expensive. I paid £6 each for these anodised 130mm ones and they are superb.
FD67C8AB-F16B-440C-93A1-7F3150125F19.jpeg

I have plenty of 6mm threaded bar and could make my own if I could find suitable clamping bits (the black plastic bit) or something similar.
I have had a good look round but can’t find anything, I could buy a load more pencil sharpeners but that is a bit extreme!
Any help welcome, and thank you
John

Whilst I see your L plates are a little longer than the ones in your first link by the the time you’ve bought two Bessey clamps & £6 for you plate it’s roughly the same price as the Banggood ones or am I missing something 🤷‍♂️

Why not just ordinary clamps (if you have them) if you’re looking to save money.

Whilst I see your L plates are a little longer than the ones in your first link by the the time you’ve bought two Bessey clamps & £6 for you plate it’s roughly the same price as the Banggood ones or am I missing something 🤷‍♂️

Why not just ordinary clamps (if you have them) if you’re looking to save money.
Yes I agree, the Bessey ones are not really what i want, I have been using ordinary clamps but they get in the way especially on small builds. I can make the bent shafts and what i am really looking for is the end parts. I can make them but if i can buy cheap plastic ones i will.

Not sure if this style is what the OP wanted, but anyway...

I have just one of those clamps, bought from Amazon (I can't remember when, but several years ago). The reseller advertised a pair, but only one arrived and they refused to send a second one nor amend their listing. Long-established tool and lab supplies company in Cambridge, IIRC.

It would have been a bargain, but obviously the deal worked out badly (one clamp in this context is a bit like one hand clapping), AND the quality of the item rather put me off Bessey too: the clamp is cheaply made and small. I wanted them for holding my belt sander upside down. The quality is poor (cheap polythene pad that fits over a pressed metal foot that on its own would mark anything it touches).

I bought some of these (below) to do the job instead, and they are excellent, so much so that they live with the sander and I will be getting a second pair for saw fence use. A neat feature is that the bar is threaded into the body of the clamp, so you have some "pre-adjustment", and you can use the thread to swivel the peg end and clamp end out of alignment (within reason!).

https://www.axminstertools.com/ujk-technology-universal-fence-clamps-pair-502711
Mine are not branded UJK, but identical apart from colour, and were a bit cheaper, I think they came from Amazon.
If "fence clamps" doesn't turn up anything, try a Google image search. That said, it looks like Axminster have reduced the price since I was last shopping for them.

Obviously you can quickly make pads to go on the bars if you need to - 8mm diameter bar that's plated, so slightly tight in an 8mm hole (my mitre saw has a distance stop on a similar bar, and I just use friction for that one).

HTH, E.

Thinking about it, I could use hardwood blocks I suppose, I have some hard oak knocking around?

Maybe TUFNOL would be a good material for the plastic parts? TUFNOL can be machined, sawn, drilled, threaded, routed and comes in many thicknesses and it will accept metal inserts. It isn't called TUFF-nol for no reason. Just a thought.

John

Thank you all for your useful comments. The 3D printing idea did occur to me but I don’t have access to one. Currently making an effort with some oak.
Here is the idea...
444D6862-EE14-48DE-AB2D-204D326C4AB7.jpeg

john

Last edited:
Back