Anyone know what this style of garden seat now my version

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flh801978

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have just come back fom a break in New England and Have now got instructions to construct one of these swing seats
IMG_5516Medium.jpg

Whats it called?
anyone point me in the direction of plans?
Ian

How about importing the image into Sketchup a nd getting the dimensions by scaling. As far as I can see there are only eight pivot points, at the top and bottom of the four nearly vertical bars. Eveything else is fixed. As a scale reference how about heel to knee length a willing female?

xy

I have spent the last couple of very hot days slaving over a version of this glider swing
DSC01789Medium.jpg

I made the top frame out of southern yellow pine and the rest out of wickes stud wall wood
I made it a bit bigger than the one in the original photo so it seats 4 comfortably and theres room to place a table in the middle now
All I have left to do now is paint it. SWMBO wants it white and a pastel blue...Has anyone any ideas on types of paint to use for longevetity?

Very nicely done. I would suggest primer, undercoat then two coats of gloss. You will also need to do something to protect the wood where it touches the ground.

Back