Quantcast

Anyone know what this style of garden seat now my version

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

flh801978

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just come back fom a break in New England and Have now got instructions to construct one of these swing seats

Whats it called?
anyone point me in the direction of plans?
Ian

xy mosian

Established Member
Reaction score
How about importing the image into Sketchup a nd getting the dimensions by scaling. As far as I can see there are only eight pivot points, at the top and bottom of the four nearly vertical bars. Eveything else is fixed. As a scale reference how about heel to knee length a willing female?

xy

Harbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I made a simpler type using Rockler SS bearing straps - see my Avatar.

Rod

flh801978

Established Member
Reaction score
I have spent the last couple of very hot days slaving over a version of this glider swing

I made the top frame out of southern yellow pine and the rest out of wickes stud wall wood
I made it a bit bigger than the one in the original photo so it seats 4 comfortably and theres room to place a table in the middle now
All I have left to do now is paint it. SWMBO wants it white and a pastel blue...Has anyone any ideas on types of paint to use for longevetity?

paultnl

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nicely done. I would suggest primer, undercoat then two coats of gloss. You will also need to do something to protect the wood where it touches the ground.

flh801978

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going to stand it where its going on paving pads unless anyone has a better idea?