Anyone know what this saw blade is for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevekane

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have the blade pictured here, it was fitted to a nice Bosch Skillsaw I bought used a few years ago and Ive no idea what its designed for, anyone have any idea? Ive looked around the internet for somthing similer but I cannot find anything like it,,my guess is that its for cutting soft building blocks perhaps? Hopefully photos below,,,
Btw, I think it had a non stick coating, the black residue is whats left of it, and there is no longer any trace of make, size (190mm) or anything.
Steve

Attachments

• D6079948-20C2-4CC9-AF2B-DF074FA8B2AA.jpeg
    D6079948-20C2-4CC9-AF2B-DF074FA8B2AA.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 5A251451-5F74-46BE-B9D3-B95D2D220598.jpeg
    5A251451-5F74-46BE-B9D3-B95D2D220598.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 50
Many thanks to you both for the suggestains, the blades you link to are little 115mm angle grinder blades which are Diamond tipped, but I did find one larger 190mm blade in the same style but again Dimond tipped,,I think that your still right and that my old blade is how they used to be made and as is often the case, the more exotic materials then become the norm.
I might try another photo later of another blade Im now using, this might only be of intrest to the more impecunious amongst us because it concerns an Aldi twin pack,,,
Steve.

The blade below was part of an Aldi twin pack of 185mm tct blades, I had only recently fitted the crosscut blade, 48t from memory and it was still good and sharp,,however trying to rip cut some well seasoned oak had it bogged down and burning badly. The problem with home made saws (apart from the safety issues) is that adjustments are fiddly and in particular, swopping blades is a chore. Dealing out my sorry collection of blades I came across the aldi one below, unused and according to the blurb, its 12 tct teeth are designed for chipboard and the like, still it was the best one I had and if I squinted it looked just like a fancy rip blade with large gullets and aggressive teeth,,,well it was a revelation, it sailed through the oak cutting some rebates without a hint of struggling or burning..will it last, who knows? but at the moment its my best blade! Motto might be if your stuck try anything that looks a possibility, you might be surprised.
91AC5AED-297C-41EE-9697-B660B9B06D97.jpeg

Back