Anyone know of a UK Version of this ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not aware of any, infact the only company I know that used to do kit form furniture went bust in the late nineties - how do I know - well I bought all the timber from an auction a couple of years ago and I am currently cutting up the beech table legs and burning them! :shock:

Well they were cheaper than getting hardwood logs delivered and they burn beautifully

Had about 2500 of them - down to about 500 left

TableLeg.jpg

Dodge":b7ypn0u4 said:
I'm not aware of any, infact the only company I know that used to do kit form furniture went bust in the late nineties - how do I know - well I bought all the timber from an auction a couple of years ago and I am currently cutting up the beech table legs and burning them! :shock:

Well they were cheaper than getting hardwood logs delivered and they burn beautifully

Had about 2500 of them - down to about 500 left

TableLeg.jpg

Youre not a fan of beech then Roger ? :lol: :lol:

I did a quick search too and there does not seem to be anyone in that line in the UK...I have been plastering a ceiling today and the customer asked me if I knew of any where.

There any straight / chamfered legs in that haul were there..?

Allsorts to be honest, but they have all gone the same way - I buy about £100 worth of logs for firewood a year and knowing there was quite alot of timber there for sale by sealed but I had a punt and bid £200.

When I was advised that I was the winning bidder I turned up in my old Ducato to collect the wood, what I hadnt realised was that as well as all the copy turned components I had also got all the board stock including yew, elm, walnut oak etc etc.

It was like all my Christmases came at once, it took me two days to move all the wood and about twenty runs with the van on its shocks!

Obviously the board stock has been used/is still in store and wasn't destined for the grate!

Latest posts

Back