Anyone here used Shaper Origin?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Came across this a while ago but only just looked at the versatility aspect of this.

Looks like a good, portable option to have and may save a lot of time by not having to make bespoke jigs and also save on space I stead of having a large CNC, especially for inlay work or sign making (no faffing around with guide bushes, templates etc)

Just wondered if anyone here has or used one and has any comments or feedback.

I can't afford it, don't really need it, just curious.

There has been much discussion about this, someone on here did recently buy one (sorry I forget the name) but if you search you will find the thread.
In my view it is a guided router, it has certain advantages as in you can take it to the work so can be used anywhere.
I can see it being very useful.

However it is not a true CNC as you can't leave it to get on with the job.
I suspect it has depth and bit size limitations as well.

Ollie

I bought mine before Christmas having asked the same question on here.. and one of the members kindly invited me to their workshop to play with his.

It has many advantages and some disadvantages, but I'm delighted with mine.

I bought mine before Christmas having asked the same question on here.. and one of the members kindly invited me to their workshop to play with his.

It has many advantages and some disadvantages, but I'm delighted with mine.
Any piccy examples of jobs you've done with it(or better still a vid). The official vid only goes so far, but it would be nice to see a real time demo from start to finish on the type of job or usage many of us here could put it to.

I do plan to do a proper video.. from start to finish including creating the design etc, but that'll take a couple of weeks due to other commitments.

I dont have anything to show-off at the moment but hopefully by next weekend...

I do plan to do a proper video.. from start to finish including creating the design etc, but that'll take a couple of weeks due to other commitments.

I dont have anything to show-off at the moment but hopefully by next weekend...
I'll look forward to it 🙂

Back