anyone heard of europac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidc1075

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a company called europac or got any of their machinery. They appear to be from Taiwan are they any good or should I stick to other better known brands. Thanks David

Yes. Here's their site. I looked long and hard at their bandsaws a while back, and there was a fairly hopeless review of one in F&C. Someone on this forum has one IIRC. Appearances suggest Axminster has one or two of their products rebadged in "Axminster White", so being better known probably doesn't mean necessarily anything. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Hi David,
I remember them now, they were at WoodMex last year, they looked identical to other name badges, (better not mention just in case..... :) ).
Whether they are the original manufacturer for those badges or just another badge if you get the drift I don't know, but on close inspection the quality was on par with them.

Thanks for the replies I have seen their SBW5300 which has a 2hp motor and a 300mm depth of cut for 699 and was wondering if it was worth it or should I buy something else. Sorry but I cant work out how to provide a link to ebay for you all to have a look. David

Thats the same machine but its up for 699. I have taken a look at the europac web site and compared the spec against a famous west country supplier and the only difference is that it has a slightly smaller table size and £475 cheaper so I will have a look. Does anyone know what sorts of things to look for with this type of machine, do they put different motors blade guides etc or are they the same manufacturer just at a non branded price, baked beans and cereal spring to mind or maybe I'm just hungry.

Hi David

From what I can gather it appears that in the far east each importer decides on the components that make up their saw/router etc.

Whilst externally they might look identical the different grades of component will possibly be reflected in the price.

Importer 1 might have the saw made up with components A, B, C, D, E and X. Whilst Importer 2 will use components A, B, D, F, J and Y.

Caveat Emptor springs to mind.

Cheers
Neil

I wrote a review of the axminster SBW4300 here

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2203

Europac sell an almost identical model, also called the SBW4300, but looking at the photo in the link, the table on the Europac is definitely smaller which would be a big disadvantage and it makes you wonder what else they have cut corners on?

The Axminster is currently £835.95 plus they charge £30 for delivery.

Keith

Thanks Neil for your help,unfortunately as I have never owned a bandsaw before I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an Axminster and a 'copy'so I wouldn't be able to tell if it was a good deal or not.
Thank you Keith can you do a review on the Europac for me .. only joking.

I have just spotted a Startrite 351E which will cost about 5-600 second hand in very good condition. Would this be a better buy or should I just go for a branded make and bit the bullet and pay full price. I really appreciate everyones help on this subject as I don't want to buy a lemon!

Back