Anyone have Bosch GOF 1250 or Makita RP1110?Collet question.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmer

a right member
Reaction score
I'm back on the hunt for a midi sized router.
does anyone have either of these?
i'd like to know if either of these will accept 1/2" bits.
they both list that they take 8mm, but i'd just like to be sure that this is not just the biggest collet they come with, and that neither can, in fact take half-inch bits, when no collet sleeve is added, like my big makita 3612c does.

thanks for any help

Advertisers would be insane NOT to claim 1/2" capability for any machine.
You can bet your bottom dollar that if it claims 8 mm, then thats as high as you can go (without risking life and limb).

I had got it in my head tho, that the bosch did in fact take half inch bits, as if i'd read it somewhere.
I guess not..

Putting aside the safety issues, I think the torque needed for an half inch cutter would melt the motor very quickly.

thanks lurker,
i'm after half inch mainly for compatibility with the 5 or 6 good half inch bits which i have already, which don't get used in very demanding situations torque-wise in general; they're just round-over, bevel and flush trim type bits.
if i did't have any i'd be happy enough buying 8mm, but also, Axminster only do 1/4 and 1/2 inch, and i haven't found better value for money. it'd be nice to be able to continue buying them.

you can buy sleeves for the 1/2" router. I have 1/4" 8 mm, and even 3/8" for my half inch makita.

Back