Anyone have a Tysazk table saw ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithy1959

Established Member
Reaction score
I've purchased an old table saw to renovate, but I can't see how I would be able to hold the Arbor to remove the blade - there is only one "spanner" surface on.the Arbor. This saw has the table on a trunnion, and the whole thing is held on by a recess at the back, and a clip at the front. Would the design suggest taking the table off to remove the blade ? IMG_20210712_180230.jpg

nut should be reverse threaded so it’ll unscrew whilst trying to turn the blade forward. If you place a piece of wood across the table under the teeth this will stop the blade turning. To mount the blade you don’t need it super tight, you can hold the blade with a gloved hand and do the nut up plenty tight enough.

Thanks for your replies. I have got the blade off OK, but the thread is guite tight/stiff , and the arbour spins with the nut as soon as the blade is loose enough to spin by itself. I know attaching the belt will act as a bit of a brake but I'd still expect something to be able to apply two spanners to work in opposite directions whilst changing a blade

Thanks for your replies. I have got the blade off OK, but the thread is guite tight/stiff , and the arbour spins with the nut as soon as the blade is loose enough to spin by itself. I know attaching the belt will act as a bit of a brake but I'd still expect something to be able to apply two spanners to work in opposite directions whilst changing a blade
Not needed this on any of the three saws I’ve had, once the nut is loose it comes off easily. Some clean up of the thread should solve this. A common solution in the design is a hole in the arbor flange and the table, you insert a bar through the table into the hole and it prevents the arbor turning. However, it’s a faff and you can never find the bar, so block of wood under the teeth is normally the answer.

Back