Anyone have a source of woodworking designs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hello all, looks like a great site.

I'm looking for a pointer (or help!) as to where a real amateur woodworker could find a design for a child's play garage for their 'dinky/matchbox' toys.

I bought one for my two grandchildren (aged 3 & 4) but being made of plastic it was broken and nearly destroyed in weeks.

Maybe I have just enough woodworking skills to build them one in time for Xmas. But I'm not sure where to start.

Does anyone have or know where I can find a design which I could follow?

With thanks to anyone who replies

Hi M47, welcome to the site :)

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but try searching for garage at this site:

http://www.hobbies-dereham.co.uk/

It gives a couple of garage plans but not the multi-story type car park, more the petrol station type but perhaps adaptable? They also do fittings kits and stickers.

Steve.

Welcome to the forum, m47

Rather negative info I'm afraid; I raided my usual internet sources and came up dry :( No luck in any of my books either. I'm surprised, I must admit. Fingers crossed someone else has better luck.

Cheers, Alf

M,

I have a magazine project from some years ago. PM if you want it.

Rgds

Noel

I made such a garage for my eldest son many years ago.
It was all made of 1/4" ply with a few pieces of battening to fix to.
The roof came off and the battens were painted to look like work benches.
The whole was painted in a grey undercoat which looked like ashphalt with a topcoat, where needed, for the building, signs and road markings. A slope led to rooftop parking bays.
I didn't use a plan, just made it from what I had lying around.
It was tough as old boots and lasted til both my sons had grown out of playing with cars.
I also made them a farm yard and castle for my kids using the same materials just as my dad had made for me.
I know I valued the wooden toys my dad made for me far more than if they were shop bought.
I well remember my bright red scooter that was the envy of all the kids in the street.

Back