Anyone have a good tool belt for general carpentry?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When he said he never took his tool belt off and his bh admired him in it - that's exactly the song that came into my head 😁 but I assure you it was my weird sense of humour, I'm a happily married man... says my wife.

Keep it simple or you end up looking like a nutter and get into a tangle:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 18.08.00.png

I've got a heavy leather nail pouch with two pockets and a hammer clip, which is as much as you need really. Not safe to carry sharp edged things around your body - you might fall on one!

Fantasy tool carrying here:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 18.20.01.png

Last edited:
on a related topic, my work trousers have a flap of material down the left trouser seam, attached to the front. I've never understood what it is for?
That's for the "duimstok+potlood" * ones see's loads of woodworkers and other trades wearing those trousers over her in Europe.
* Folding ruler+✏️
Hth.
Karl

I always thought that was the correct way, with the pouches behind you, and maybe a couple of small pouches (like a tape holder or phone pouch) at the front, otherwise you have hammers swinging about where nobody wants hammers swinging about
Yup, the only thing you want dangling at the front - besides a sporran of course - is a nail pouch...

I use Dewalt Pro Tradesman. They have lots of pockets for all my vital bits like tape measure, small rule, pencils etc. They also have straps for hanging things, but I hate having a hammer or a drill dangling about, however I would use when up on a roof or ladder and don't have enough hands.
I have a Draper tool belt which I might wear if I need a pocketful of nails, or screws. I also have a magnetic wrist strap for holding nails/screws etc. quite handy. Saves having a mouthful of them.

I never wanted a tool belt until now. I suddenly feel inadequate and I do have a bit of fencing to do soon...

Doing a timber extension at the moment, and spend my whole time picking up my hammer, losing my tape measure, searching for my screw driver, where is my level etc. etc. etc.

You often see American carpenters on youtube with a belt kit, with a slot for their hammer and that kind of thing. Do any of use similar on site, and if so what do you use?

look at this one - Handyman Tool Belt | Popular Woodworking Magazine found them on TOOLSTATION website Toughbuilt gereedschapsriem 900 - 1200mm ; Toughbuilt boormachinehouder (Large) 13 functies

hth Karl

Last edited:
I went to visit a friend a while ago who was having some work done on their kitchen. I pointed out to him that I didn't think the guy doing the job knew what he was doing, when asked why my response of "Look at his tool belt" confused my friend. The tradesman was wearing one of those tool belts sold by the likes of Blackspur that you see every pretend tradesman in adverts wearing with a pair of rigger gloves hung out of the side. A few days later I got asked to sort out the Wenge worktops as the "kitchen fitter" didn't fancy tackling them.

Your tool belt says a lot about you, choose wisely 🙂

Back