Anyone had any luck selling up-cycled furniture?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Designer1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at getting old pine furniture from eBay or freecycle etc and giving it a quick sand and run through the spray booth.

Has anyone ever had any luck doing this? I've seen it done before on tv but I'm always skeptical of what they show and how much they 'really made'. Anything for tv. Just wanted to see if it's actually possible to do profitably. I quite like spraying so that isn't too much of an issue, always have spare paints lying about too after projects, which would be a shame to waste.

Cheers,
Designer1

just set up a business and put 'emporium' in the title, it can be done but not easy, start with one piece and see if it sells to test the waters, it's the selling part that's hard, got to find the right buyer for these things.

I see lots of furniture for sale on Facebook that seems to have been simply coated in chalk paint in a jazzy colour. There's also a new shop opening up here that seems to do nothing but this, so there must be a market. Perhaps try picking up some old pieces on Freecycle, do them up and try selling on Facebook Marketplace - a low investment way to give it a try

Sean

Thanks for your responses! Yes transport can be a tricky one, especially on larger pieces. I keep my eye out on Freecycle but they go so quickly😆. So trying to get there in time is the key.

I'm quite lucky in respects to paint as I usually have a fair bit left over in nice colours from other furniture jobs, Tikurilla too!

Back