Anyone got a Startrite tablesaw 3phase motor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettoblaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I am new posting here but have lurked on and off for a while, so much great info on this site!

Anyhow, I have just come by a what I think is a Startrite 275DS. It is a single phase machine. Now, unlike most people I want to convert it to 3phase for more grunt as I will be sizing large timber on the saw close to its max cut thickness.

Does anyone on here have a motor and switch from a 3ph Startrite 275 saw they would like to part with or... possibly swap for my single phase motor and switch?

Im based in north London but can travel a little way.

Cheers.

Second hand 240 Volt machines fetch a good price on ebay.

Second hand 3 phase machines can be bought a lot cheaper, I know as I bought one thinking I was getting a bargain. Bought it, cleaned it and sold it for a tiny profit as I decided it was just too big for my single garage.

So if I was you I'd sell it and buy a 3 phase machine.

Mr_P I got the saw for a good price (I have seen 3phase ones with no sliding table go for more) and went with this one as it in very good nick and is complete with all its accessories. It also looks like it has done very little real work.
It was more important for me to get the saw I wanted in the condition I wanted and have to swap the motor when I find one, and I can still use it as is for the moment.
I just figured that many people have converted one of these saws the other way and have a spare 3 phase motor knocking about.

You might need additional bits along with the motor.

Please find the following part numbers/prices for a new replacement 240 volt motor (with 24MM shaft diameter) and a new replacement start/stop 240 volt unit.

Starcro 037 - new 240 volt single phase 3HP motor with 24mm shaft = £275.00+vat
KS0013 - new 240 volt single phase starter switch to suit = £78.50+vat
Part number 2251/C is the 24MM motor pulley, you would need this if the old pulley is not 24MM = £65.00+vat
Carriage = £15.00+vat

Mr_P":1lqn63lj said:
You might need additional bits along with the motor.

Please find the following part numbers/prices for a new replacement 240 volt motor (with 24MM shaft diameter) and a new replacement start/stop 240 volt unit.

Starcro 037 - new 240 volt single phase 3HP motor with 24mm shaft = £275.00+vat
KS0013 - new 240 volt single phase starter switch to suit = £78.50+vat
Part number 2251/C is the 24MM motor pulley, you would need this if the old pulley is not 24MM = £65.00+vat
Carriage = £15.00+vat

It's not a 3HP motor he wants, it's a 415v 3 phase motor.

It will involve a complete re-wire to convert from 240v single phase to 415v 3 phase and it won't be cheap.

I still have this for sale.

It cam of an ex collage wadkin table saw ags10/12.

WP_20130519_001_zps576093eb.jpg

WP_20130519_002_zpsac497497.jpg

I have the same saw which is also single phase. Have you tied it cutting at its max? Mine will cut 4" seasoned European oak all day without a hiccup! It's the factory fit single phase motor, it's not been up graded.

Interesting deema, I have not tried the saw yet. Will throw some large/difficult stock at it when its all set up next week. Im sure they would not have used an undersized motor but 2HP seems a little wimpy. I sometimes cut Greenheart and Wenge to 4" so we will see how it fares with them, it could be fine.

Yes it is big, but i have fitted a 3hp single phase on in its place.

WP_20130519_003_zpsca24a141.jpg

Latest posts

Back