anyone got a scheppach ts2500 table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technium

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the above saw and was wondering if anyone has made any modifications to theres? Also mine didnt come with the extension table or sliding table so wondering if anyone has made a side or outfeed extension for theres to offer advice?

Also the dust extraction seems to be at an odd angle so doesnt fit the tube I got that came with my extraction vac so will need to try and work out how to get them to fit.

thanks again

Colin

Ive got one similar (its a slightly different model number) with sliding table and extension table. The extension table could be made up relatively easily with something from wood. The sliding table is very useful as it has a measurement thing on it with fine adjustment. It has a more function but its not that accurate. If you can get one they are very useful

I made a tennon jig for it which produced very good results but was a little dangerous so I cut them by hand or with a spindle now. I also have a few different blades for different stuff that makes a big difference. E.g a big ripping blade for ripping 4" think timber is required otherwise the machine stalls.vise versa you need a small crosscut blade for setting the saw blade below the table top for rebates etc etc.

I use an old piece of drainage pipe for the dust outlet socket / flexible ducting junction. I don't use the other dust outlet on the saw guard as its completely useless.

The dust extraction is rubbish on these saws (I have found anyway) and for this reason only longer term I want to get rid of it and get something with better extraction. Other than that great bit of kit !

Hope that is mildly helpful

Thanks mate thats great. I am going to look at the connections for the dust extraction this weekend and see if I can get that part connected up. With the extension table I think I will have a go at making my own first but may look into getting the sliding table.

thanks again

Colin

Hi,
I have this model of saw and I think it is great. I agree that the dust extraction is not brilliant though. I have the side table which folds down when not needed, and I have the sliding table, which I would not want to be without.
If you are thinking to make your own then I can email you some photographs of mine to give you some idea of how they are made if you would like. Not sure I would fancy the task of making them though.

K

Thanks mate, I appreciate the offer but I already have close up photos to work from.

To buy the parts is too expensive so I will have a go at making a flip up table to support the wood and if all esle fails then id have to buy them.

cheers

Colin

There was someone selling a Scheppach side or possibly rear table on ebay a short while ago. I was interested but it was Newport, Wales and a bit too far to go for me. The advertiser was michellethinkssheistheboss. Might be of interest to you?

K

ok I have managed to source a side extension table for the saw and that was shipped yesterday and arrived today :) so tonight I will try and fit that. that should give me alot more options for cutting wider wood. I also have the option of a sliding carriage for the other side but its abit too much and I think its probably going to be too big if I had that aswell.

I will still look into making my own out feed table aswell but for now im happy, well as long as the table goes together ok! :) thanks for your advice.

Colin

OK think Ive finally got the table fitted and level with the main table but now im strugling with the fence which I am not sure how to allign it so its accurate, whats the best way to do this?

I thought I had it sussed but then when I was cutting a 8" wide piece of ply the saw blade was trying to flick the part of the wood furthest from me over at me and thats with the riving knife obviously fitted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Colin

Hi Techium,
Sorry, I have only just seen this post. Are you sorted yet or do you still have alignment problems with the fence.? If you need advice I can scan the manual and email it to you. Just let me know. Send me a pm with your email address.

K

graduate_owner":1mold6ni said:
Hi Techium,
Sorry, I have only just seen this post. Are you sorted yet or do you still have alignment problems with the fence.? If you need advice I can scan the manual and email it to you. Just let me know. Send me a pm with your email address.

K

Thanks mate, Ive managed to get it all sorted but thanks for your offer.

cheers

Colin

Hi, I have bought a used TS2500CI with sliding table. I have manage d to download a manual but it is more a parts manual and doesn't advise how to set up or realign the saw and does not reference the sliding table at all.
Fence to blade is ok, slots to blade is very slightly out and sliding table rides about 2mm to 2.5mm high, above the CI table. Fence is disconcerting when it lifts at rear when locking, seems solid enough though when locked, surprised it only fastens on front guide.
I'd like to understand how to set up the saw, I'm a nerd who prefers to know rather than guess.
Can any one advise where I can find or download set up and operating instructions for the saw and especially the sliding table. I can find no info at all on the sliding table, other than it is common to both the TS2500 and TS4010.
And does anyone know where you can source side and rear tables?
Appreciate any info at all. Thanks, Izzyix.

Hi All,(again).
After posting, I continued to search and discovered the UK agents, NMA. I sent an email and today received a number of download sketches and drawings which cover majority of adjustments I'm looking to do. So the info is out there, it's finding it that's the problem.
Also discovered that TS2500 / TS2500CI evolved into Precisa 4. Check out the tech details and parts for both.
I'd still appreciate any other info, cheers, Izzyix

I'm struggling to get my ts2500 right. Any chance of getting of a copy of the drawings and info you have?

I have a manual with mine. It gives details on setting up and assembly, plus troubleshooting.
I can scan it if you think it would help. I would need an email address though.
Just let me know if interested.

K

Izzyix and skood1
If you send me email addresses I can send you a scan of the manual I have. It is for the alloy table version but will probably be very similar.
It might take a day or two to do the scanning.

I just noticed the dates of the posts. Sorry for the delay guys - I don't check out the forum on a regular basis.

K

My eyes lit up whenever I see “Scheppach Ts2500” as I’ve had mine (alloy version) for 17 years and love it! It’s been a fantastic and reliable tool which has enabled me construct cabinets to less refined work with ease.

I’m so glad I’ve got the older version though compared with the Chinese constructed models of late.

Arnold9801

Back